Tuesday, April 18, 2006

almost back on the bike.


back on the bike 2
Originally uploaded by thomas pix.
It's finally (finally) stopped raining here in the Bay Area, and I was SO looking forward to riding my motorcycle in to work today.

I did the pre-ride inspection of the bike (tires inflated? check. oil level at full? check. nothing loose on the bike? check). It was all looking good for a fun commute into work.

After suiting up and putting all my stuff in the saddle bags, I put in my ear plugs, put on my helmet, slid on my gloves and put the key in the ignition.

FINE-C, and I hit the start button. Instead of the normal chugga-chugga-VROOOOM, I heard click-click... click-click.

In the two months since I last rode, the battery had drained so much that it couldn't turn the engine over to start.

So, no ride in today (the battery will charge up overnight). Thank goodness tomorrow's supposed to be even sunnier and warmer than today.

No comments: