- 08:00 Only one week to the Las Vegas marathon!
Monday, November 30, 2009
Saturday, November 28, 2009
- 08:45 love the smell of steel cut oats on the stove in the morning.
- 11:42 oh no! Golfer Tiger Woods has been seriously injured after a car crash near his Isleworth, Florida home, officials say. bit.ly/AF3zN
- 12:47 looking forward to baking a pumpkin pie this afternoon.
- 15:20 hooray! all my outstanding invoices are now submitted. now, back to the fun part: work
Friday, November 27, 2009
- 09:53 ITB got a little twitchy on the Turkey Trot. Ran the 5k in 25:12
- 13:00 @ncjack Happy T-Day to you, too, Nina!
- 13:02 Grateful for such a fantastic bunch of dear friends both near and far, online and off. I'm truly blessed to have you in my life.
Thursday, November 26, 2009
- 07:43 Tis the season! How to survive an unhappy workplace (Harvard Biz blog) bit.ly/7s9TYv
- 11:46 off to yoga and then it's time to make a bourbon chocolate pecan pie!
- 15:44 @PamO haven't yet tried yoga-for-surfers, but going to take a yoga-for-runners class next month (after my marathon!). good stuff!
- 19:07 Got free street parking by the Shark Tank. Looking forward to watching the #Sharks beat the Blackhawks tonight!
- 19:09 Note to Shark Tank security: if you're going to hang out hoping to bust scalpers, don't wear a suit and tie with your earpiece. u don't blen
- 21:54 I think I just saw the sharks play their worst game ever
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
- 08:13 LA Times tells staff to assume personal and social media life are merged (so much for wearing"hats") bit.ly/5U88xz
- 09:29 I can relate: why this freelancer doesn't need vacation anymore (on Harvard Biz blog) bit.ly/6XLvnL
- 12:50 On a high thanks to some really positive client feedback. gotta bottle this feeling for later.
Tuesday, November 24, 2009
- 12:33 Searching the house for a very valuable notebook: has interview notes in it that I must turn in with an invoice. eek
- 15:23 just took a class at peacebank yoga in Redwood City. very nice space, and a great instructor to boot. bit.ly/6E8t8p
Monday, November 23, 2009
Sunday, November 22, 2009
- 08:32 Mac Book Pro can't hold a charge very long. Time to buy a new battery (joy)
- 12:05 so bummed: had to bail on today's run at 4 miles because of shooting pain in my ITB around my knee. icing it now, hoping is ok by Thursday
- 15:19 @jsb uh, yeah. can't see weiss staying after that mess today against UConn
Saturday, November 21, 2009
- 08:50 Am now registered to race Wildflower Long Course on May 1, 2010. w00t!
- 09:04 @michaelhutto thanks! you racing Wildflower too next year?
- 09:07 @michaelhutto my first time going long at WF. how 'bout you cheer me Saturday, I'll cheer you Sunday?
- 09:13 @michaelhutto yes, let's do a Tweetup Sat night at Wildflower 2010. I'll organize via @TriTweetGroup acct. details to come.
- 14:45 instead of giving bonus miles to people who check in online, @unitedairlines should be deducting miles from people who check in in person
- 16:13 Trying to figure out how to make cream puffs with a pumpkin custard filling for T-Day dessert. Let the research/experimenting begin!
Friday, November 20, 2009
- 03:50 Just two more pages to write before I can catch some zzzzzs!
- 07:20 up and at 'em! it's another crisp & clear morning in the Bay Area. Still grooving on @zittrain's Minds for Sale talk from last night
- 14:41 @cbracy ain't it grand?!
- 16:19 Great post by @cshirky on the Idea of Algorithmic Authority (he defines it in the post). Lots to chew on bit.ly/177XwR
- 17:09 Pasta Party before the Las Vegas RnR marathon is $35? I think I can do better elsewhere on the Strip. #lv262
- 22:02 @nddulac oh pretty!
Thursday, November 19, 2009
- 09:54 @NMChristoban yeah, I remember how rough those NM soccer players could be. oh wait, that was me!
- 13:10 Why it matters that @Pierre Omidyar is doing a news startup bit.ly/32I1jD
- 13:43 RT @kegill: .@linkedin has 50M members in 200 countries; half is non-US
- 13:49 UG content at its best: love the comments on this product 'Laptop Steering Wheel Desk' by Wheelmate bit.ly/3SdN6h
- 14:06 RT @jeanlucr Don't lose your Twitter account with your job j.mp/1npN4P
- 15:37 already I'm enjoying the benefits of the new RT feature... have discovered a half dozen new people worth following via their RTs
- 16:26 Debunking 11 Myths Of Owning A Small Business |Forbes| bit.ly/Kb89H
- 21:31 Great to see @cbracy tonight at @zittrain's "Mind For Sale" talk (lots of brain candy). @berkmancenter rocks
- 22:01 hoping @ginx turns the keys to its URL shortener over to 301Works.org before unplugging at end of year.
- 22:29 @mgibsonsf glad you got some FiveFingers! Look forward to comparing experiences.
Wednesday, November 18, 2009
- 06:56 RT @rohitbhargava Do you know who's copying your stuff online? 6 ways to protect your brand with social media: twurl.nl/hrcu7n
- 09:45 RT @xtri Dev Paul writes a letter to the WTC - let's work to stop drafting! bit.ly/exkIO (via @irontrimom)
- 10:35 RT @rohitbhargava Being authentic means taking time to talk to people regardless of what they can do for you in return. Karma matters. #sm34
- 10:59 I'm going, see you there? RT @berkmancenter @zittrain on "Minds for Sale" @ CompHistMuseum bit.ly/31zvbw
- 20:19 UNM soccer player views video of herself yanking down opponent by ponytail & says "that is not me" (yea, right) bit.ly/Cf3S4
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
- 08:49 The Atlantic has a solid exploration of the healthcare industry & why current reform efforts fall short bit.ly/scVxK
- 11:21 I hate when an ad on a web page freezes my browser window. I take note of who the ad is for and avoid buying from them.
- 16:13 RT @dallant Happiness is 50% genetics. The rest is up to you.
- 16:28 Harvard Biz blog: On Twitter and in the Workplace, It's Power to the Connectors bit.ly/16hZ5N (via @sharakarasic @jeanlucr)
- 18:48 On SB I-280 just after Page Mill exit there are 11 car on shoulder fixing flats. Suspicious.
- 22:43 @sarahkay If I'd known you were in one of the cars, I'd have stopped! all's ok I hope?!
- 23:33 Signed up today to race the Vineman 70.3 again on July 18, 2010. Planning to comple te three 70.3s in 2010.
Monday, November 16, 2009
- 11:36 Just finished my longest run ever: 20 miles in 3:36
- 17:20 @ncjack thank you! can't wait to get this marathon in the bag (in Vegas on 12/6) and go back to balanced tri training!
- 17:36 @kentnichols you've lived a life unfulfilled til now, my friend. How 'bout that Bowie?
Sunday, November 15, 2009
- 07:02 Great blog post re: creating IT solutions for developing world challenges (know your customer) bit.ly/2Jf6Oc
- 09:35 @KevinCollington congrats finishing 6th at the 70.3 world championship! outstanding way to end the season
- 11:55 Got my Silicon Valley Turkey Trot race bib today. I'll be setting my 10km PR wearing number 720 (outta my way!)
- 12:01 RT @dweinberger Umberto Eco on the glory of lists bit.ly/1qKltO
- 14:23 I've mapped out my 20-mile run tomorrow (along length of Cañada Rd from Woodside to 92) with water/food stops this time (I'm learning!)
Saturday, November 14, 2009
- 06:03 My last morning in MN. All the week's work culminates in a presentation and a sign-off this morning. Team's been great: we're ready!
- 13:27 Meeting went great. Team got the green light. Now for the 10 hour trip home to SFO via ORD
- 15:41 made it to ORD, trying to catch an earlier flight to SFO. fingers crossed.
- 16:32 Made it on the earlier flight, w00t! Let's hear it for those of us in the last row of the plane on a Friday night :)
- 23:15 It's good to be home in CA after a really productive week in Minneapolis.
Friday, November 13, 2009
Thursday, November 12, 2009
- 05:52 RT @zarzecks: Looking for a rockstar User Experience Designer to join the @buddymedia team. (bit.ly/2A5tzG) PLS RT
- 13:02 Seeking Crowd-Sourced Design? Logo Tournament was great for me. Others recommend Genius Rocket, as well. bit.ly/4QPPF
- 13:35 Interesting to see Facebook's design principles (useful if you're creating a global platform): bit.ly/3SvRVG
Wednesday, November 11, 2009
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
Monday, November 09, 2009
Sunday, November 08, 2009
- 07:04 Didn't sleep well last night. Procrastinating an 8-mile run this morning.
- 07:06 RT @Pogue Verizon doubles its early-contract-termination fee for smartphones (to $350) --insecure much? bit.ly/3csHCt
- 09:20 hit the dog park early this morning. The pooch ran & wrestled & played his fool head off. he's asleep at my feet now, very content
- 14:40 just saw "Where the Wild Things Are." eldest liked it, youngest was bored, I'd have walked out if seeing it alone.
- 14:47 RT @Gennefer Brilliance from a college b-ball blog: "it's more important to have a good audience than a big audience" bit.ly/1hWh2Y
- 17:45 Great 8-mile run at Sawyer Camp Trail to end the day. Finished in 66 minutes with a 10km PR along the way at 50:14. w00t!
Saturday, November 07, 2009
Friday, November 06, 2009
- 00:33 @dallant now you're just showing off!
- 08:07 RT @andrewjcohen: @kaboom's Twitter & facebook referred users stay 80% longer, 45% more pages. Audience often knows them #uxthanks
- 13:23 RT @pierre Pew report: Americans broadening diversity of social ties via tech: bit.ly/3vIGyo #peacedot
- 16:26 Cy Young winner Lincecum busted for speeding/pot possession. gives new meaning to "high & outside." ha! bit.ly/i15mA
- 21:17 have seen more (legitimate) "we're hiring" notices in my mailbox this week than in a long time. a sign of the recovery?
- 22:28 @kelownagurl I recommend Iron & Wine's 'Our Endless Numbered Days' (preview on amazon: bit.ly/3ig8sy )
Thursday, November 05, 2009
- 05:01 last weekend's time change made the jump from PST to EST so much easier this trip.
- 05:07 RT @bryce: 4 hrs. of sleep is the new 8 hrs. of sleep. <-- Amen, brother. (via @robhayes)
- 06:01 For serving such a culturally diverse area, why does DC Metro only have signage in English? Willful? Or just ignorant?
- 17:54 great day in DC, so worth the trip. At IAD now awaiting the last United flight out to SFO. home by 2am?
- 18:00 @dcallejon very fast this time. will be back for a week on Dec 20. see you then?
- 18:37 Seated in 16A on a 757 Overwater. Exit row roominess and a window FTW!
- 00:27 Love that UA225 landed 40 minutes early! Home by 1am?