- 06:21 Marathon training plan says today is a rest day. Triathlon training says do a practice Olympic tri. Tri wins
- 11:04 Decent times so far. Swim in :30. Bike in 1:13. I'll beat 3 hours easily!
- 12:57 Pulled the run in in less than am hour. Think I'm gonna have a great PR at Santa Cruz Tri next month.
- 14:46 Great to get a preview of the Santa Cruz #Tri with the #SVTC this morning. Race day's going to be so much the better and faster for it!
Monday, August 31, 2009
Sunday, August 30, 2009
- 09:18 getting ready for my swim lesson. There's always room for improvement!
- 10:49 fantastic swim lesson this morning. Got great pointers to use in tomorrow's open water swim at Santa Cruz pier
- 16:55 wondering if anyone's been to Kenya and gotten their visa at NBO instead of before arriving? possible to get biz visa at NBO?
- 17:20 @lindare dept SFO on 9/10 get to NBO on 9/12 there for 5 days for a conference, no safaris :(
- 21:23 @broksas thanks for the visa info! did you get a business visa? or tourist? did it matter?
- 21:25 @sarahkay don't let @jrushin freeze to death due to his chivalry!
Saturday, August 29, 2009
- 07:07 Flight delayed out of DCA means missed conxn in ORD. Off to Dulles to go nonstop instead. Joy
- 08:21 tickets to Nairobi purchased, now have to get my visa and shots!
- 09:23 Waitlist gods are smiling. I'm on the earlier flight home and will land at SFO within 15 min of original plan
- 16:00 landed SFO. good to be home. lots to do before FedEx pickup tonight.
Friday, August 28, 2009
- 04:46 wow, you people get up early on the East Coast :)
- 04:56 Cool! The Australian Council for Ed Research is going to use content from my urbanchickens.net blog as part of a test for gifted Aussie kids
- 11:11 great to see so many old friends at this morning's meeting in VA. Confirmation that "small world effects" are in full force in the network
- 15:19 Great day of meetings in DC area. Now to hang out with my parents tonight and fly home in the morning
- 20:47 I hate it when late-night scheduled calls go unanswered. Stay up just in case? or send email to reschedule?
Thursday, August 27, 2009
- 02:32 researching flights to Nairobi.
- 03:26 @robhayes got your KSOs yet? I <3 mine in a very big way, wearing them almost daily
- 07:36 packed up and ready to leave for the airport. Sleeping in Virginia tonight
- 09:49 Sucky ATT reception at SFO gate 75. Aboard the plane and on our way to ORD
- 14:11 Touchdown ORD. 45 min to catch flight to DCA. Hustle!
- 14:59 @nurturegirl waving right back at you. See you next week in SF
- 17:11 Hello Virginia. I see you're still a big fan of heat and humidity
- 19:02 @joshuaclerner wanting to customize the wikimedia layout and allow for greater control over user access to edit than the "one-step" setup
Wednesday, August 26, 2009
- 10:13 thanks, Dena, for reminding me to purchase domains today! (whew, they were still available)
- 10:35 @billy_bates thanks for the tip!
- 10:36 help? Can anyone connect me to a mediawiki specialist to get me fully custom-configured on a dreamhost server? will pay
- 10:56 @inspirative Thanks, Michael, I will!
- 11:35 RT @lhtorres 25 percent of the way there! Can you help #PeaceTiles win the Nau "Grant for Change" $10k award? Vote at bit.ly/8th9d
- 15:06 enjoying a very entrepreneurial afternoon with @perezda. software: check! domain: check! email: check! bizplan: next!
- 16:54 RT @scottyhendo: Just learned 75% of bankruptcies last year were caused by health costs
- 20:33 RT @windley Rationing (wh ether by price or gov't or some other way) ALWAYS implies someone doesn't get care they need. #hcr
- 22:19 Would love to have a txt-to-speech & speech-to-txt app for my iPhone so I can keep my eyes on the road. (no, not a real voice call)
- 22:30 RIP Ted Kennedy. we'll miss you in the fight for health care reform #hcr
Tuesday, August 25, 2009
- 07:32 Great job oppty: pubs coordinator @ ISEAL, the global assn for social & environmental standards systems ginx.com/-4DONld
- 14:14 RT @jowyang: Want to be Forrester's next Social Marketing Analyst? Learn how: ginx.com/-qev2X
- 22:26 such a bummer the shuttle launch was scrubbed tonight (nice to watch live on @hdnet tho)
Monday, August 24, 2009
- 09:17 finishing up a pancake breakfast with the family now... fuel for my open water swim at Redwood Shores at 10am
- 12:58 Nice easy one mile swim in a lagoon at Redwood Shores with Dan & Warren. 30:40 to go the mile in warmish flat water
- 19:16 It's bullshit that the people who have a good health insurance plan (you, Lieberman) are the ones saying we don't need reform
- 20:40 Damn, wish I could have made it to #tbash today, but I caught my youngest's cold and decided not to share with the crowd
- 20:41 @gwachob hey, let me know if I can be of assistance, too!
- 20:45 @gwachob will do. mango nectar and sleep for me!
- 20:45 I just entered to win a pass to #Gov20 Expo and Summit. Just follow @GovTwit and @GovLoop and RT to win! bi t.ly/RsjJV
- 21:02 guilty pleasure: watching DVR'd "Morrissey: Who Put the M in Manchester" concert. he doesn't look 50. Thanks @hdnet!
- 21:09 @motorcop1 hey, congrats on the pending delivery of kid #2! you'll soon find out that 1+1=3 when it comes to parenting demands :)
Sunday, August 23, 2009
- 08:10 If it's Saturday morning it must be time for a bike ride!
- 13:02 great bike clinic this morning put on by the Integrate folks (Al and crew). Lots to learn and muscles to burn. ginx.com/-fcaCa
- 18:03 Pictures from our trip to Yosemite and Bodie posted to Flickr ginx.com/-MNzLD
Saturday, August 22, 2009
- 20:52 BTW if you were looking for anyone from Europe this past week, they were with us on holiday in Yosemite. so few American accents!
- 22:04 still a little weary from waking up at 5am to scare a black bear out of our camp (with a little help from the dog).