- 08:39 feeling yesterday's run as I amble about today. On race day will wear some body glide on my chest to help keep the nips from chafing (ouch)
- 09:51 hoping those who wisely stayed overnight by the Tyrolean Inn had a great time partying yet made it back to work on time this morning
- 11:29 @jesca you're in it for the long haul. don't look at your portfolio for another 120 days at minimum. ride it out
- 12:00 r/t @DougH Congress to financial markets: "We'll try to find an answer and get back to ya." what a wild ride
- 13:20 when someone starts tweeting too much self-promo stuff, do you just unfollow quietly? or do you let them know as you go?
- 22:29 looking forward to meeting with folks in SF tomorrow afternoon
- 23:25 got my tix to Ray Lamontagne concert at Oakland's Paramount Theatre: front row balcony, baby!
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Monday, September 29, 2008
- 07:55 starting my 12-mile run by the Bay.
- 11:40 running in Palo Alto by SF Bay = hot, sunny, smelly and buggy. good to get the 12 miles in, tho
- 12:54 Taking the girls to Oktoberfest at the Tyrolean Inn. I'm going for the beer, they're going for the bouncy house. smiles all around.
- 22:39 good times at Tyrolean Inn, watching the girls do the polka was priceless
Sunday, September 28, 2008
- 08:06 now I know why I felt off-kilter all day yesterday: allergy season is upon us again. Hopefully this Claritin will make today tolerable.
- 08:15 @endtherobocalls Thanks for the tip. I'm almost to the bottom of my Claritin box anyway, so I'll give the Z a try next!
- 12:26 just participated in the Redwood City master plan input meeting. exciting to shape the future of our town
- 20:29 first intermission at the Sharks v Canucks pre-season game. great to be in sec 104 for the year
- 23:31 watching SNL's open, then to bed. I've got a 12-mile run in the morning.
Saturday, September 27, 2008
- 07:21 Wondering why someone who's done such great work in the past is flaking out so hard on me this week. uncharacteristic of him.
- 08:34 While I don't have permission to climb Everest until my girls are grown up, I can drool over this trek in Nepal: snurl.com/3v2ik
- 09:39 @susanjmegy safe travels and hoist a pint when you arrive
- 09:57 r/t @Silona Rep Marcy Kaptur on the wall st bailout - she rules! tinyurl.com/3t5ck4
- 11:54 dear nonprofit fundraiser: if you're so gung-ho on getting employer matches, put your EIN on the receipt please
- 13:22 @annaweb welcome to the Twitterstream
- 15:12 Giving away two tix to tonight's (9/26) SJ Sharks preseason game v Ducks. ping me if interested.
- 19:21 had to pause the debate to eat dinner. no longer live so I'm DQ'd from tweeting about it. drat!
- 20:02 @endtherobocalls remember that McCain was already running ads that he won the debate starting this morning!
- 20:12 @mylerdude beware The Fillmore apples!
Friday, September 26, 2008
- 08:35 woke up late but still squeezed in a 3.5 mile run before breakfast. just ten days to the SJ Rock n Roll half marathon
- 09:50 Radiohead's released the stems for "Reckoner" for remixing to your heart's delight. w00t! (link launches iTunes) snurl.com/3u6yd
- 09:59 rt @stereogab Finance Industry Giving Visualized tinyurl.com/4o3mqq (TK: great video explain, fascinating dynamic chart)
- 13:53 wait, they agreed on a bailout plan? sh!t that means I'm gonna have to study for the debate tomorrow night.
- 13:56 r/t @jayrosen_nyu Did Sarah Palin and the McCain crew know that "close to Russia" was coming? ... Watch CBS: is.gd/389x
- 15:11 r/t @neddotcom "Palin: Bailout is about healthcare!" a disturbing 1:30 second video, she's all over the map: tinyurl.com/4euehq
- 15:48 those answers you want? "I'll try to find some and bring 'em to ya!" #suspending my benefit of the doubt in Palin's competence
- 16:33 about to leave my desk to go partake in our monthly wine tasting here at the office. Gotta love the perks!
- 17:35 got the line on a litter of golden doodles that's due mid-October. Spoke with the breeder (very nice) Hoping there's a puppy in our future!
- 20:42 i want to believe in Oregon State. really i do. no one in the bar is cheering for USC
- 21:17 hooray for oregon state!
- 23:04 happy to get 318 highlight points at darts tonight. wish I'd won one more game tho
- 23:39 lost a heartbreaker dart match 9-8. doh
Thursday, September 25, 2008
- 09:33 Big-hairy-spider-on-the-ceiling crisis over. no injuries to anyone (or anything), minimal delays to schedule, situation back to normal
- 10:17 @acarvin fingers crossed for the both of you that the delivery is fast and easy.
- 12:11 McCain wants to postpone the debate? Means there's something wrong with our fundamentally sound economy? or just his debate prep process?
- 12:24 i heart Campbell Brown tinyurl.com/4rcw5p
- 13:04 my replacement blackberry is now online. I feel so relieved to be connected again! (all the better to make the jump to an iPhone quickly)
- 15:59 having fun blocking out page layouts in Illustrator before creating the actual templates. good times
- 21:15 girls are fed, bathed, brushed and in bed. Now to surf the 'net
- 23:27 Registered for the SF Triathlon at Treasure Island on Nov 8 (olympic distance). gotta do my half marathon (on 10/5) so I can train 4 the tri
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
- 06:10 wow, involuntarily slept nine hours straight last night (on the couch, no less). I must have needed it
- 06:44 Excited to hit the SJ Sharks Teal-and-White scrimmage tonight with the family. Hope to get Mike Griere's signature on my jersey
- 11:51 new phone is here, charging the battery hoping to bring it online tonight. feel naked without a cell phone available
- 14:24 feeling great about the future. this is going to be fun!
- 15:20 @nmcafee actually, not excited about the phone (is another BB for now), but about work future and the team we've got here
- 20:34 omg, Mike Grier signed my Sharks jersey (with his name and number on it). Woohoo!
- 20:41 Does anyone know a success story related to celltradeusa.com? Thinking of getting out of my contract via the site. Share your story with me?
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
- 07:02 I actually managed to lose 3 lbs on my trip to Italy. I thought I ate pretty well on the road. Must've been my running + portion control
- 07:57 hooray! My brother-in-law made it home to the States this morning from his second tour of duty in Iraq
- 11:52 @pierre how many urban chickens does your neighbor have? are they legal there?
- 14:17 trying to push thru the jet-lag lull in productivity. One more cup of coffee should do it
- 15:01 discovered that Insights on my FB fan pages stopped updating a week ago. anyone else experiencing same thing?
- 16:32 my blackberry is possessed. keyboard shortcircuited and it's making calls on its own. removed battery, ins sending a new phone overnight
Monday, September 22, 2008
- 03:19 leaving italy after a beautiful 7 mile run this am. next stop FRA
- 06:40 lounging in FRA for another 90 min, then home to SFO
- 07:57 on board UA937 to SFO. hope it doesn't suck flying domestic overseas. tweet you in 12 hours
- 19:39 touchdown at SFO. will do what I can to avoid flying a US carrier overseas again.
- 19:55 much better arrivals experience at SFO. instead of ominous TSA warnings, theY're playing disney-like montage of USA culture highlights
- 21:52 already unpacked. Hoping my "don't sleep on the plane from Europe" strategy works to overcome jet lag quickly. so sleepy!
Sunday, September 21, 2008
- 01:47 during the coffee break, I got the scoop on a great local run here in Bergamo. Can't wait to lace up my shoes after the conf ends today
- 03:25 two more sessions of note-taking to go. glad there's a lunch break in between. i think i can, i think i can, i think i can
- 07:21 And the Boulder-Bergamo Forum is complete (see wiki here: snurl.com/3rgl4 ). Now to enjoy this last afternoon in Italy.
- 17:53 bb keybord brokenm rghb sucks
Saturday, September 20, 2008
- 04:02 this school is not wired to support laptop-enabled students. macbook battery too weak #BBF08
- 05:32 fueled up by lunch and the mac battery's charged too. now to capture the afternoon's proceedings on the wiki, too. #BBF08
- 05:41 Learning about Managing Weather Risk in Rural Economies at Boulder-Bergamo Forum #BBF08
- 07:15 made it to the afternoon coffee break with my eyes still open. make mine a double #BBF08
- 09:48 riding the bus to Bergamo Citt'Alta for the banquet tonight #BBF08
- 10:24 hey! finally found a good running path here in Bergamo. gotta put some miles in before returning home
- 10:55 there's something deliciously geeky about sitting in a 400-yr-old converted church that has a good wifi connection.
- 15:50 glad we walked off dinner instead of taking bus back. now to grab 5 hrs of sleep before tomorrow starts. buona notte
- 22:08 good morning Bergamo (buongiorno!)
- 22:42 skies have cleared and it should be a beautiful day in Bergamo. too bad I'm inside all day tho
- 23:42 another ambitious 0830 start time. Folks continue to trickle in and we'll likely get going at 0845 instead. #BBF08
Friday, September 19, 2008
- 02:43 happy to be connected to the University of Bergamo wifi. we're ready to rock this wiki
- 03:49 off to find lunch in Bergamo before the Forum gets started
- 06:06 attendees trickling into the Boulder Bergamo Forum on Access to Financial Services. busy helping others get on the wifi network as well
- 07:08 #BBF08 Bob Christen comparing/contrasting the differences between poor people 35 years ago and today and how microfinance has helped them
- 07:10 #BBF08 Much to be done still to provide financial services to the poor: transaction costs too high, need to bring down to 20% of costs today
- 07:12 #BBF08 Interest rates still a big issue. Still need to build the case via better business models. Lots of work in agricultural finance.
- 07:19 @neddotcom here's the link for the Boulder-Bergamo Forum #BBF08 snurl.com/3rgl4 wiki is being updated in (mostly) real time
- 07:29 @neddotcom not too many ohers here with laptops open, let alone Twitter on screen. baby steps
- 13:04 enjoying a birra media with new friends in Bergamo
- 23:37 Conference Hall still filling up with attendees. 0830 start seems a little ambitious
- 23:46 we're underway on day 2 of the Boulder-Bergamo Forum on #BBF08
Thursday, September 18, 2008
- 01:33 hanging out at FRA, waiting for conxn to Milan. it's bright and sunny in Germany today
- 03:17 touchdown Milan. great to fly over the Alps and look down on the glaciers on our way here.
- 04:17 circling around downtown Bergamo trying to get to our hotel. oh, there it is again!
- 07:57 about to head out for dinner in Bergamo. Hoping tripadvisor doesn't steer us wrong
- 10:13 caprese, red wine and olives (yes olives) in the piazza
- 12:01 delicious pizza at Damimmo in Citt'Alta Bergamo. and a bottle of local wine for just €12 to boot
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
- 07:47 refereeing breakfast between the wee ones: a little less taunting and a little more eating, please
- 09:22 I'm liking the redesign of wsj.com
- 11:55 all packed and walking out the door to head to SFO for my flight
- 13:40 It's a shame that Red Carpet Club staff in SFO Intl terminal are more interested in complying with inane rules than being helpful to flyers
- 13:50 sweet: Gmail now has a "forgotten attachment detector" available in the Labs. no more "whoops, attached this time" snurl.com/3qvk0
- 14:09 getting ready to power down and walk to the gate. next stop: FRA
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
- 08:38 Walked the eldest to school this morning and she observed "this is much easier than the Yosemite hike was, Daddy"
- 13:32 Great lunch meeting with Laurie. Glad to be able to tap into her experience of implementing salesforce.com from scratch.
- 15:36 @weaddup congrats on the nomination as a Top Ten Green Business of the Year!
- 16:07 amazed at how quickly the spammers have found our new wiki. ugh
- 16:49 getting ready to head up to Hotel Vitale in SF for the @BerkmanCenter Born Digital book event
- 20:07 @locoups hi from Berkman gathering!
- 22:24 @locoups ditto. look forward to the next time, too
Monday, September 15, 2008
- 16:27 just played with a litter of golden doodle puppies. so sweet and snuggly!
- 18:50 back home from a great weekend in Yosemite. 40 hours til biz trip to Italy starts. so much to do
- 20:35 Picture proof I made it to the top of Half Dome on Saturday (and back again): snurl.com/3qdjy
Saturday, September 13, 2008
- 08:36 packing up to head to Yosemite after work. Hiking Half Dome tomorrow (watch for Flickr pix Sunday)
- 10:43 juggling projects, editing wikis
- 13:46 @rawn great numbers! congrats on the progress
- 15:36 fresh off a hyper-productive call with Exponent Partners. Now tying things up at work to head out to Yosemite!
- 17:27 I-580 E in Pleasanton, CA is a parking lot
Friday, September 12, 2008
- 08:37 #wwy911 at home outside DC, in a post-op stupor with TODAY show on & saw #2 hit WTC. if not for surgery, I would've been in NYC that morn
- 09:07 @krob oh I cannot wait to hear how you ultimately decided to move to the iPhone!
- 09:10 amazing to see all the #wwy911 "where were you on 9/11" snippets a aggregating at snurl.com/3pbiu
- 11:34 #wwy911 marked the start of our AOLTW team effort to launch American Liberty Partnership online donation site snurl.com/3pdid
- 16:51 I should have practiced my darts sometime in the past week. Think tonight's going to be another ugly match.
Thursday, September 11, 2008
- 09:57 car's at the shop for new brakes. Here I thought I'd been going faster, not slowing down so much as to wear them out.
- 09:57 @vamarianne congrats on the paid gig!
- 10:17 relieved book club lunch was postponed. now I'll have time to finish the darn thing
- 11:01 getting your dander up about "lipstick on a pig" betrays your insecurity at being thought a pig, or just having worn the wrong color
- 13:31 US Dept of Interior officials under investigation for bribes from & sex with energy company staff? who'd a thunk it? snurl.com/3p0uu
- 13:48 @amoration SBL? you make me wish I lived in LA (or at least was there for your bday)
- 14:20 Hmmm how to search campaign speeches for specific words (lipstick or change or fight) so I can mash together out of context to create an ad?
- 14:51 pulling hair out trying to keep on top of scheduling things
- 15:17 ok, lazyweb: anyone been to Bergamo, Italy and can recommend good cafes/restaurants? or can point me to a travel resource with same?
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
- 07:42 skipped my run this morning, wil have to do it after dinner tonight. gonna be one of those days
- 13:39 surprised at work by a nice crystal achievement award for climbing mt whitney earlier this summer. Great place to work this Omidyar Network
- 13:58 So glad the anti-landscaping brigade has finally climbed out of that Berkeley Redwood tree after 21-months. Here's hoping they take a shower
- 14:24 @mlsif look forward to seeing you tomorrow while you're in the office
- 15:53 very happy to see Lance Armstrong coming out of retirement and can't wait to see him race here in on the Amgen tour of CA next year
- 16:46 hooray! our San Jose Sharks hockey season tickets have arrived
- 18:26 fresh from a hair cut. trim this time. next time: chopping it off and donating to locks of love
Tuesday, September 09, 2008
- 08:00 happy to see the marine layer still hanging around at breakfast. mother nature's A/C is so much cheaper than PG&E's
- 09:37 wanted to lend via Kiva, but only oppty available right now is to help a beer vendor stock up. will wait for another oppty to present
- 11:05 Rowling wins suit against Harry Potter Lexicon author claiming his book would cause her irreparable harm as a writer. Such a 1.0 victory
- 11:49 Hey, my list of recommended books for aspiring Urban Chicken farmers is up on Flashlight Worthy books! snurl.com/3o9vk
- 14:54 made my first $25 loan via Kiva today. Harder than expected to find a loan, but easy after that. still waiting for FP update to post, tho
- 16:01 @makriese NICE shirt!
- 16:07 is "everyone knows your business" (and thus is supposedly hard to lie) a small town effect? or a small town value?
- 16:26 enjoying the heck out of Radiohead: Live in Concert on NPR music. Hear their 08/28/08 show yourself at snurl.com/3odcp
- 17:42 off to pick up grit for the chickens, then to the SVTri club mtg and finally to poker. I hope traffic is kind to me.
- 19:11 waiting for the Silicon Valley Triathlon Club meeting to start.
- 19:43 wish i could have stayed longer for the svtc mtg. off to poker
- 23:09 Came in first in tonight's poker game. Got some spending money for this weekend's trip to Yosemite
Monday, September 08, 2008
- 06:58 starting my ten-mile run at Sawyer Camp Trail. beautiful sunrise this morning
- 09:17 10.25 mi complete. great to run with a friend, even if we don't talk while running
- 13:38 cleaning out the chicken coop. not too difficult, but not too fun either. bonus: compost bin looks beautiful
- 17:55 wondering why MotionBased is taking so long to upload my workout data.
- 20:30 startled to see the empty space in my garage where the motorcycle used to be parked. still not quite come to terms with my "ex-biker" status
Sunday, September 07, 2008
- 09:14 wow did it feel good to sleep in until 8am
- 10:19 "Relax" by Frankie Goes to Hollywood on KFOG now, is going to be a good day!
- 12:15 got notice from the Sharks that my season tix package arrives next week. Woohoo! the NHL season is less than a month away
- 17:40 my eldest has mastered the remote control and, combined with her advanced reading skills, she's taken over the DVR. we need another TV
- 20:01 wow did that swim workout hit the spot. hopefully can recoup fast enough for my 10-mile run at dawn
Saturday, September 06, 2008
- 08:00 Wow, how'd it get to be Friday already? up to SF for meetings this morning, then back to the office.
- 08:03 @chep2m great new avatar!
- 13:54 great lunch with a friend on his way back to Holland. Trying to keep the cosmopolitan airs as long as possible (at least til happy hour)
- 15:18 troubles with WSJ.com subscription? IVR system kicks you to online solution (broken): instead, choose "cancel sub" and get live help pronto!
- 16:03 @alexlewis My biker days are over. Now I'm hooked on the kind with pedals (all the better to train for the triathlons). mixed emotions still
- 17:45 ok, time to slip out of the AC at work and into the heat of our non-AC home. the weekend begins!
- 21:41 didn't feel the quake here in our part of Redwood City
Friday, September 05, 2008
- 08:27 great fast run this AM followed by a slow walk with my daughter to school. doing our best to fall into new (old) routines
- 09:53 feeling good about the state of our wiki. ready to launch it once we get the ok from the exec committee, then the fun begins!
- 12:31 My Google Reader is having math issues. I'll leave it alone til it can count unread feeds correctly and hide its red error bars again
- 14:04 @redwoodcityvote where can I get more specific details on what Measure W says and a map of what it covers?
- 15:57 just out of a great philosophical-yet-practical discussion about trust: how do you increase trust and how do you measure that increase?
- 17:32 @chep2m congrats to you and the team on getting the Google campus to host @barcampafrica
- 17:38 So conflicted! The good news is: I just sold my motorcycle. The bad news is: I just sold my motorcycle.
- 17:54 @chep2m It's all about Face your Manga: tinyurl.com/5wttu9
- 20:01 playing the first dart match of the year. very rusty and it shows
Thursday, September 04, 2008
- 00:34 @twitties 046309180398069000480859062303460113093309140733688
- 00:35 voted for Twitties. Some actually deserve it twitties.com/vote.php
- 01:13 more mediawiki configuration late at night. fun stuff
- 09:19 Super impressed with Nike+ customer service. Sent in help request late last night and got resolution first thing this morning. sweet
- 10:26 coordinating times for folks to come look at my motorcycle (it's for sale). Can't believe my biker era is coming to an end (again)
- 11:52 wiki wiki wiki
- 14:26 @missusP I'm a big fan of three strikes approach. 1st time: note it's a mistake. 2nd time: chance to correct it. 3rd time: no more chances
- 17:56 feeling good about our wiki launching tomorrow. Great remote team on the project, and great team here in the home office, too
- 18:14 i don't understand Romney's logic. does that make me a liberal or a conservative?
- 20:28 taking my motorcycle out on its last trip before it's sold? gulp
- 22:50 Can't keep the eyes open any longer, time to turn in. see you in the morning
Wednesday, September 03, 2008
- 06:36 off to do this morning's 4 mile run. hope the ache goes away quickly
- 08:47 my eldest's first day of First grade has officially begun. rejoice!
- 10:04 nice to hear from United Airlines that due to customer feedback they're not going to implement pay-on-board meals on transatlantic flights
- 10:29 excited to be off to Bergamo, Italy, for work in 2 weeks. So much to do before the trip, but already found a local 10-mile training run
- 13:19 @lotd "ch-ch-ch-ch-changes. turn and face the strange" - Bowie
- 15:24 @mstohner try the Lafayette Inn in Stanardsville (just north of C'ville). was just there for a dinner, place looks great. food was tasty
- 16:20 deeply appreciative of Merlin Mann's Right Now page: www.merlinmann.com/rightnow/ (back to work!)
- 19:40 @lindare DirecTV has chosen to crowdsource the manual for how not to treat customers. Much easier to have us write it up on their behalf!
- 21:47 everything's set for the start of our SCVDA Fall dart season on Thursday. good luck to all the teams!
Tuesday, September 02, 2008
- 08:34 ooph. feeling a little sore from yesterday's nine mile run. glad today's a day off
- 09:23 researching to see how/if we can replace our concrete driveway with grass (e.g. permaturf) to cut down reflective heat and rain runoff
- 13:35 got puppy fever. Anyone own a goldendoodle (similar to a labradoodle)? trying to decide what kind of dog we'll get next
- 15:53 good thing age of consent in Alaska is 16, no?
- 20:09 just back from bbq with good friends. we're all celebrating the start of the school year tomorrow (even the kids).
- 23:08 having fun configuring a mediawiki install. good times
Monday, September 01, 2008
- 07:14 running the Human Race 10K at Sawyer Camp Trail as part of my 9 mile training run
- 08:57 last Sunday ran along Potomac River, today ran along San Andreas Fault. next week... ?
- 11:24 fun to run the Nike+ Human Race 10K this morning. Am among the first 10K to upload my workout, still trying to claim my free music download
- 17:05 back from the pool with the girls. great to see the results of their swim lessons!