- 05:38 "Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didn't." Erica Jong (via @iscool)
- 09:22 Yay! #sjsharks Dan Boyle is on the Canadian olympic team
- 09:32 @motherpucker not sure why they chose the live format to do it... did they really sell that many ads to fill the dead spots?
- 09:36 thrilled to see #sjsharks Heatley, Thornton, Marleau, Boyle on the Canadian Olympic team. Go #Sharks!
- 14:18 New investment model for social enterprises: @villagecapital info session 6 PM Jan 5 2601 Mission St SanFran @hubbayarea #socent
- 17:08 Getting ready to head out to see the #Sharks (my now team) play the #Caps (my old team). Gonna be a great game!
Thursday, December 31, 2009
Wednesday, December 30, 2009
- 05:27 The Major & his family are off to the airport this morning. Has been a great visit even with 5 little kids & 3 dogs in the house.
- 07:58 @sarahkay Happy Birthday! Hope this coming year is your best yet.
- 09:45 Headin out on the last bike ride of the year. 40 miles and 3000 feet of climbing. What fun!
- 15:33 great end-of-year ride with the guys. Neil's focus on bike training shows: he soundly kicked my butt over the 35+ miles.
Tuesday, December 29, 2009
- 05:56 Love waking up on "East Coast Time" while newly home in California. Camped out at the local #Peets so as not to disturb sleeping family.
- 11:03 I love that our next-door neighbor's family owns a dairy farm. We got fresh cheese as a belated xmas gift. yum!
- 12:18 @pathbreaker you still using Twitter?
- 15:33 trying to find a good Thai cooking school to take classes at while in country 1/15-1/17 (Bangkok or Chiang Mai).
Monday, December 28, 2009
- 05:59 Beautiful chilly 5 mile run along the Potomac River this morning in my #fivefingers. Great to run again.
- 07:38 In line at the national botanical gardens. Going to see the holiday trains exhibit with the wee ones
- 11:38 Hit a lull in check-in and security at Dulles. Made it thru in 5 minutes flat. Now to spend the extra time in the red carpet club
- 12:23 @bradrourke nice jacket, Brad! Hope you had as much fun on your run as I did.
- 13:04 Safely on board UA915. SFO, here we come!
- 19:01 Landed 40 minutes early at SFO. Good to be back in California
Sunday, December 27, 2009
- 10:56 Off to see #avatar with my dad. Will be my first 3-D movie in the theatre. Hoping it doesn't suck
- 14:36 ZOMG #avatar was epic.
- 15:13 RT @ceonyc: @Jason If people feared getting fat the way they fear Islamic extremists, we'd be better off + healthcare would be cheaper.
- 21:47 Why some smart people are reluctant to share? bit.ly/7aphNL (via @om) Please make it a point to share more in 2010.
Saturday, December 26, 2009
- 11:50 Thoroughly enjoyed seeing Ritchie's Sherlock Holmes. Highly recommended.
- 19:42 Shhhh! sneaking a second piece of my mom's delicious pecan pie. Love getting fat in the off-season. training begins in January!
- 20:42 RIP Vic Chesnutt. Just came to appreciate your music recently. sorry you were successful this time. bit.ly/4YUPJb
Friday, December 25, 2009
- 08:29 would love an #iPhone app that automatically displays last few tweets/FB updates of anyone I'm about to txt/call
- 10:27 enjoying the luck I'm having finding parking at busy shopping centers. hope I'm not cashing in all my parking karma in the process.
- 12:04 getting ready to make xmas eve dinner: broiled salmon w mustard herb glaze, smashed potatoes & roast brussels sprouts
Thursday, December 24, 2009
- 04:27 about to brave the (still) icy side streets to meet up with good friend @bradrourke for coffee in DC
- 04:30 wow, contacted @amazon cust svc about a delayed delivery and within 10 minutes they'd refunded my shipping charge. w00T!
- 08:49 Great to spend time and mental space with @bradrourke this morning. Glad to have such talented and earnest people around me.
- 08:50 @bradrourke ditto, and any time! (and we should talk more often)
- 08:59 Hey, I'm all for something other than "nonprofit": why not call it the Humanity Sector? bit.ly/8NhLHz
- 12:00 @MsCWitsberger welcome to Twitter!
- 12:22 Trying to purchase my ticket SFO-BKK departing 1/8/10. Very excited to travel!
- 14:39 @lblumenthal thanks for the follow!
- 15:09 Just signed up to run the Mardi Gras half marathon in New Orleans February 28!
- 18:38 Change happens when the cost of the status quo is greater than the risk of change.
Wednesday, December 23, 2009
Tuesday, December 22, 2009
- 05:47 RT @Afine: Fantastic post by @kanter on about best practices for crowdsourcing and social change. bit.ly/6XXxxb
- 08:39 This California kid is having a wild time trying to navigte the icy sidewalks in metro DC
- 11:08 OH: if a chicken makes noise in a bizdev meeting, you gotta whack it!
- 12:06 I love moving files from the Pipeline folder to the Current Clients folder!
- 19:03 @mashenka @dcallejon @denniswhittle great to be a part of the extended GlobalGiving family for lunch today. So proud of how GG has grown
- 19:56 how 'bout that empty net goal from Clowe!? Go #sharks!
Monday, December 21, 2009
Sunday, December 20, 2009
- 06:04 I love the quiet beauty of a snowfall. There's a certain calming stillness found among the dancing flurries.
- 09:49 Borrowed my dad's Vietnam-era combat boots and did the first round of digging out. Snow's still falling
- 14:24 So bummed that snow storm coverage pre-empted the Ironman Championships show on NBC4 in DC. Glad I DVRd in CA
- 16:27 No NFL network on TV at home, so dad & I are beating a path thru the snow to local sports pub to watch #cowboys & #saints play
Saturday, December 19, 2009
- 10:43 Great to be back in DC, if a bit chilly. Not great to be threatened with so much snow tonight/tomorrow. Should've brought my boots!
- 11:46 Looking forward to speaking about Urban Chickens at the Secret Gardens Tour in Oakland: April 2010.
- 12:36 Dear Metro conductor: I know we have to wait for the train ahead to clear, but could you close the damn door? It's cold!!
- 17:54 The flurries are flying in Northern Virginia. This could be fun
- 18:21 Interview with SF Examiner re: @urbanchickens went well. Story to appear at end of year.
Friday, December 18, 2009
- 07:16 hooray! it's payday :)
- 08:13 @smallbiztlc thanks! happy holidays :)
- 10:56 Made it thru TSa with two wee ones just fine. Now safely in row 21 on our way to LAS from SFO
- 10:57 @ncjack happy birthday! Hope this coming year is your best yet.
- 11:07 Watching skirmishes break out over limited overhead space. This could get ugly
- 13:25 Hi Vegas. Bye Vegas. Made our connection in time to pick up chocolate ice cream for the kids. Mow on our way to IAD
- 13:25 Hi Vegas. Bye Vegas. Made our connection in time to pick up chocolate ice cream for the kids. Now on our way to IAD
- 17:55 Touchdown IAD. Not a moment too soon. The wee ones are restless.
- 21:26 nestled in warm at my folks' house. So glad my daughters love flying as mu ch as I do: they, too, beam with joy at takeoff & landing
Thursday, December 17, 2009
- 07:46 @stevegarfield nice combo: 1/2 coffee and 1/2 hot chocolate is a poor man's mocha
- 08:53 top states for small biz? Surprised to see NV (2), WA (5) and OR (38). Not surprised to see CA is #49. bit.ly/8NjOAL
- 10:31 Proud papa moment: watching my daughter perform in the school holiday show matinee
- 15:03 LMAO! RT@FakeAPStylebook It is not necessary to refer to the Mountain Time Zone. There will never be a story from there.
- 16:04 Flight to DC for the holidays leaves in less than 18 hours. Guess I'd better think about packing soon.
- 16:08 @joanhan thanks, Joan! Happy Holidays to you, too. Hope to see you in 2010 around Otterfest time?
- 16:18 @joanhan you don't need to bring m e a bike, but I'll gladly take a 'cross bike off your hands ;)
- 16:18 @nddulac you gotta lead the team to a win tomorrow night so we get a good seed in the playoffs. Happy Holidays, Cap'n!
- 23:26 @PamO That looks like a lot of fun... I need to make sure it doesn't conflict with a triathlon tho, will let you know so you can sponsor me!
Wednesday, December 16, 2009
- 09:35 Just interviewed by NPR Atlanta for a story about urban chickens. We'll see what makes it to the air...
- 09:48 @missusp I'd ask what's the difference between PR and social media and how to measure the ROI of each
- 10:06 @RoadID is the number 108?
- 10:31 Just realized I own 21 different domains. How the heck did that happen?
- 12:28 I hope everyone's day is going as well as mine is. Loving life!
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
- 06:50 Super excited to meet Chris Lieto at tonight's Silicon Valley Tri Club meeting!
- 09:13 @joanhan (re: twitgoo.com/5z78i) glad you made it safe. hope your flight(s) are uneventful
- 09:38 Want to become a recipe tester for Cook's Illustrated like me? Apply here: bit.ly/6Jmi7k
- 17:26 Twitter announces its first business account upgrade: "Contributors" - ow.ly/M6GF (RT @andybeal)
- 18:10 Amen RT @Constance No public option, no Medicare expansion; where's the 'reform' part of the health reform bill?
- 21:44 great talk by @chrislieto at the SVTC meeting tonight. 3 areas he covers for better performance: mental game, nutrition, training
Monday, December 14, 2009
- 11:11 @garykebbel good luck, Gary!
- 20:59 Listening to 'Agaetis Byrjun' by Sigur Ros for the first time in a long time. Wow, did I miss this music! bit.ly/93m40j
- 22:35 @wendyconway it's gotta be something about killing the trees
Sunday, December 13, 2009
- 07:33 Meeting my friend Dave for a swim in the SF Bay at Redwood Shores. Cold and wet!
- 08:44 Mother nature got the best of us in the Bay. Aborted a frigid swim. Will spend rest of day trying to thaw
- 10:36 getting ready to take the girls to see Princess and the Frog. Good entertainment for a rainy day
- 14:33 Girls loved the Princess and the Frog. Cute story, great old-school animation. Classic Disney fun.
- 20:17 @PamO LOL. happens to the best of us
Saturday, December 12, 2009
Friday, December 11, 2009
- 07:53 @dangillmor I think use of retweet v RT may have something to do with the interface used to do so
- 15:53 @iad2la new skinny? or old skinny? you're talking the FTC disclosure stuff that came out earlier in the Fall, yes?
- 16:11 @racevine resolved to finish three 70.3s in 2010 (Wildflower, Vineman and one TBD)
- 23:51 Great dart match tonight. Came back from 1-6 to win 9-8!
Thursday, December 10, 2009
Wednesday, December 09, 2009
- 08:40 @sesamebuns congrats on your run! I saw your tweet up while running by the @phVegas video screen: cool stuff. safe travels to you too!
- 09:00 walking Hannah to school reveals my pre-race plans to go to Tai Chi this morning were a bit ambitious: don't think ITB is up to it yet.
- 09:54 @Zensah [Arm Sleeve that reflects at night for safety & has a pocket for your iPod] #zensah bit.ly/5RN2Bl
- 13:54 .@joanhan make sure to stop at the Deschutes Brewery -- their Black Butte Porter is to die for! bit.ly/De2jH
- 16:12 loving that months of hard work are paying off in multiple arenas: marathon now run and today was awarded a new work contract
- 16:19 @smallbiztlc congrats on the new contract!
- 16:23 @smallbiztlc ain't that the truth?! hope your honeymoon phase lasts a long, long time!
- 23:08 Fellow disgruntled iPhone users: want to let ATT know where coverage sucks? there's now an app for that! bit.ly/8VrXrN
Tuesday, December 08, 2009
- 08:51 @PamO I have no doubt that if you put your mind to it, you'll beat the 8yo next year. We can train 2gether when you come to RWC next!
- 08:51 @ncjack Thank you, Nina!
- 08:57 Thankful I can still touch my toes this morning. Hanging out in Vegas for the day, then flying home tonight.
- 18:52 Hanging out at LAS waiting for a delayed flight home to SFO. Easy to spot fellow runners shuffling thru airport
- 19:48 awesome. someone used one of my CC'd photos from my trip to Malaysia to create a cool work of art bit.ly/7JowwI
- 21:39 Landed at SFO. Now to catch the train home.
Monday, December 07, 2009
- 05:01 Up early in Vegas. Starting the marathon at 6:15. It's time to do this!
- 12:03 Yay! First marathon in the bag in 4:43 unofficially
- 16:52 @dallant @cbracy @pamo thanks so much! was a great race, and I think I might just do another one next year :)
- 17:37 burned 4000 calories on the race this morning. Got some of them back via a Krispy Kreme Glazed Donut just now (my weakness)
Sunday, December 06, 2009
- 07:41 TSA lines at SFO are enormous this morning. WTF?
- 08:01 Evidently many TSA screeners called in sick at SFO terminal 3 today. Get to airport early!
- 10:06 20 minutes early into LAS means I've got 45 min to work before Thom lands from IAH
- 10:46 @iad2la TSA slowness must just be a weekend thing (has been a while since I've flown on the weekend). Gonna be a fun holiday travel season!
- 10:51 Thanks for all the Las Vegas marathon well-wishes! I'll need them at mile 22 tomorrow. Good luck to all my SVTC peeps running CIM in Sacto
- 18:13 Dinner reservations at 8:45p at Caffe Giorgio. Last pasta meal before the run! #lv262
Saturday, December 05, 2009
- 05:36 24 hours til flight to Vegas. 48 hours til the marathon start. weekend here we come! #lv262
- 10:16 RT @encorelasvegas: Join us for a post-race Tweet Up on Sunday at 12p with our friends @societycafe! RSVP here: bit.ly/7kpln6 #Lv262
- 13:21 @billjohnston congratulations, Bill!
- 13:23 @mashenka will be in DC on 12/21. You in the office that afternoon for a drop-by?
- 15:52 Shouldn't be too hard to spot the healthy runners amidst all the usual waddlers at LAS tomorrow #lv262
- 18:47 @sarahkay you can take the girl out of Virginia... but you can't deflock her tree!
- 18:48 @glennstrachan my deepest sympathies to you and yours, Glenn< /li>
- 20:58 Dammit. Just as I learn to love using EtherPad, it posts of shut down in 3/2010 (thx, Google) bit.ly/6z5nDl
Friday, December 04, 2009
- 09:16 wondering why my gmail sponsored links keep coming up with ads in chinese characters. is this a hint?
- 10:07 @cwolz @imawindycitygal thanks for the CMS recommndations!
- 10:11 @pelesmk I hear ya on your #Garmin 310XT issues. mine's losing data and I can't update firmware because I have a Mac (no ANT support yet)
- 11:23 @gwachob have a great time at the Tank. go #Sharks!
- 11:54 Wikepedia Community at inflection point. What to do when a community's primary purpose shifts? bit.ly/8DFCFb
- 14:27 @mikeuph thanks for the link... rankspeed.com looks like it'll be useful for a lot of comparisons
- 17:38 all these FB pleas: "get 50,000 to join and my weak-willed so-n-so will quit a bad habit"... or else what? we each get $10?
Thursday, December 03, 2009
- 10:20 happy to say 2010 is already looking exciting on the work front!
- 12:58 Cooling my heels waiting for roadside assistance to arrive
- 13:21 Battery jumped, engine running, off to the repair shop under my own power
- 15:43 minivan's back in service: just needed a new battery (after only 5 years? not as durable as I'd thought!)
- 19:17 acted on the impulse to bake another pumpkin pie. house sure smells yummy while it's baking
- 20:06 watching Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer with my girls. classic
- 21:48 anyone out there able to point to a good resource to compare CMS features?
Wednesday, December 02, 2009
Tuesday, December 01, 2009
- 09:06 Dear retailer on the web: just because I bought something from you once, long ago, doesn't mean you must ALL spam me today, Cyber Monday
- 10:15 @sesamebuns safe travel to Vegas... see you at the starting line on Sunday?
- 10:17 @phVegas run strong, run long, TK! We're back to doing triathlons in 2010
- 10:49 Mahler's Symphony No. 1 is the perfect Monday morning soundtrack bit.ly/7pHHK9
- 16:23 Research shows it's human nature to help, which means all the asshats out there fight hard to act so bit.ly/5QtjHT
- 16:35 @ncjack see you at Vineman 70.3 next year!
- 16:41 @ncjack had a similar issue when I signed up for WF+Vineman. Wanna help me organize a tweetup at Wildflower? (I'm doing long course)
Monday, November 30, 2009
Saturday, November 28, 2009
- 08:45 love the smell of steel cut oats on the stove in the morning.
- 11:42 oh no! Golfer Tiger Woods has been seriously injured after a car crash near his Isleworth, Florida home, officials say. bit.ly/AF3zN
- 12:47 looking forward to baking a pumpkin pie this afternoon.
- 15:20 hooray! all my outstanding invoices are now submitted. now, back to the fun part: work
Friday, November 27, 2009
- 09:53 ITB got a little twitchy on the Turkey Trot. Ran the 5k in 25:12
- 13:00 @ncjack Happy T-Day to you, too, Nina!
- 13:02 Grateful for such a fantastic bunch of dear friends both near and far, online and off. I'm truly blessed to have you in my life.
Thursday, November 26, 2009
- 07:43 Tis the season! How to survive an unhappy workplace (Harvard Biz blog) bit.ly/7s9TYv
- 11:46 off to yoga and then it's time to make a bourbon chocolate pecan pie!
- 15:44 @PamO haven't yet tried yoga-for-surfers, but going to take a yoga-for-runners class next month (after my marathon!). good stuff!
- 19:07 Got free street parking by the Shark Tank. Looking forward to watching the #Sharks beat the Blackhawks tonight!
- 19:09 Note to Shark Tank security: if you're going to hang out hoping to bust scalpers, don't wear a suit and tie with your earpiece. u don't blen
- 21:54 I think I just saw the sharks play their worst game ever
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
- 08:13 LA Times tells staff to assume personal and social media life are merged (so much for wearing"hats") bit.ly/5U88xz
- 09:29 I can relate: why this freelancer doesn't need vacation anymore (on Harvard Biz blog) bit.ly/6XLvnL
- 12:50 On a high thanks to some really positive client feedback. gotta bottle this feeling for later.
Tuesday, November 24, 2009
- 12:33 Searching the house for a very valuable notebook: has interview notes in it that I must turn in with an invoice. eek
- 15:23 just took a class at peacebank yoga in Redwood City. very nice space, and a great instructor to boot. bit.ly/6E8t8p
Monday, November 23, 2009
Sunday, November 22, 2009
- 08:32 Mac Book Pro can't hold a charge very long. Time to buy a new battery (joy)
- 12:05 so bummed: had to bail on today's run at 4 miles because of shooting pain in my ITB around my knee. icing it now, hoping is ok by Thursday
- 15:19 @jsb uh, yeah. can't see weiss staying after that mess today against UConn
Saturday, November 21, 2009
- 08:50 Am now registered to race Wildflower Long Course on May 1, 2010. w00t!
- 09:04 @michaelhutto thanks! you racing Wildflower too next year?
- 09:07 @michaelhutto my first time going long at WF. how 'bout you cheer me Saturday, I'll cheer you Sunday?
- 09:13 @michaelhutto yes, let's do a Tweetup Sat night at Wildflower 2010. I'll organize via @TriTweetGroup acct. details to come.
- 14:45 instead of giving bonus miles to people who check in online, @unitedairlines should be deducting miles from people who check in in person
- 16:13 Trying to figure out how to make cream puffs with a pumpkin custard filling for T-Day dessert. Let the research/experimenting begin!
Friday, November 20, 2009
- 03:50 Just two more pages to write before I can catch some zzzzzs!
- 07:20 up and at 'em! it's another crisp & clear morning in the Bay Area. Still grooving on @zittrain's Minds for Sale talk from last night
- 14:41 @cbracy ain't it grand?!
- 16:19 Great post by @cshirky on the Idea of Algorithmic Authority (he defines it in the post). Lots to chew on bit.ly/177XwR
- 17:09 Pasta Party before the Las Vegas RnR marathon is $35? I think I can do better elsewhere on the Strip. #lv262
- 22:02 @nddulac oh pretty!
Thursday, November 19, 2009
- 09:54 @NMChristoban yeah, I remember how rough those NM soccer players could be. oh wait, that was me!
- 13:10 Why it matters that @Pierre Omidyar is doing a news startup bit.ly/32I1jD
- 13:43 RT @kegill: .@linkedin has 50M members in 200 countries; half is non-US
- 13:49 UG content at its best: love the comments on this product 'Laptop Steering Wheel Desk' by Wheelmate bit.ly/3SdN6h
- 14:06 RT @jeanlucr Don't lose your Twitter account with your job j.mp/1npN4P
- 15:37 already I'm enjoying the benefits of the new RT feature... have discovered a half dozen new people worth following via their RTs
- 16:26 Debunking 11 Myths Of Owning A Small Business |Forbes| bit.ly/Kb89H
- 21:31 Great to see @cbracy tonight at @zittrain's "Mind For Sale" talk (lots of brain candy). @berkmancenter rocks
- 22:01 hoping @ginx turns the keys to its URL shortener over to 301Works.org before unplugging at end of year.
- 22:29 @mgibsonsf glad you got some FiveFingers! Look forward to comparing experiences.
Wednesday, November 18, 2009
- 06:56 RT @rohitbhargava Do you know who's copying your stuff online? 6 ways to protect your brand with social media: twurl.nl/hrcu7n
- 09:45 RT @xtri Dev Paul writes a letter to the WTC - let's work to stop drafting! bit.ly/exkIO (via @irontrimom)
- 10:35 RT @rohitbhargava Being authentic means taking time to talk to people regardless of what they can do for you in return. Karma matters. #sm34
- 10:59 I'm going, see you there? RT @berkmancenter @zittrain on "Minds for Sale" @ CompHistMuseum bit.ly/31zvbw
- 20:19 UNM soccer player views video of herself yanking down opponent by ponytail & says "that is not me" (yea, right) bit.ly/Cf3S4
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
- 08:49 The Atlantic has a solid exploration of the healthcare industry & why current reform efforts fall short bit.ly/scVxK
- 11:21 I hate when an ad on a web page freezes my browser window. I take note of who the ad is for and avoid buying from them.
- 16:13 RT @dallant Happiness is 50% genetics. The rest is up to you.
- 16:28 Harvard Biz blog: On Twitter and in the Workplace, It's Power to the Connectors bit.ly/16hZ5N (via @sharakarasic @jeanlucr)
- 18:48 On SB I-280 just after Page Mill exit there are 11 car on shoulder fixing flats. Suspicious.
- 22:43 @sarahkay If I'd known you were in one of the cars, I'd have stopped! all's ok I hope?!
- 23:33 Signed up today to race the Vineman 70.3 again on July 18, 2010. Planning to comple te three 70.3s in 2010.
Monday, November 16, 2009
- 11:36 Just finished my longest run ever: 20 miles in 3:36
- 17:20 @ncjack thank you! can't wait to get this marathon in the bag (in Vegas on 12/6) and go back to balanced tri training!
- 17:36 @kentnichols you've lived a life unfulfilled til now, my friend. How 'bout that Bowie?
Sunday, November 15, 2009
- 07:02 Great blog post re: creating IT solutions for developing world challenges (know your customer) bit.ly/2Jf6Oc
- 09:35 @KevinCollington congrats finishing 6th at the 70.3 world championship! outstanding way to end the season
- 11:55 Got my Silicon Valley Turkey Trot race bib today. I'll be setting my 10km PR wearing number 720 (outta my way!)
- 12:01 RT @dweinberger Umberto Eco on the glory of lists bit.ly/1qKltO
- 14:23 I've mapped out my 20-mile run tomorrow (along length of Cañada Rd from Woodside to 92) with water/food stops this time (I'm learning!)
Saturday, November 14, 2009
- 06:03 My last morning in MN. All the week's work culminates in a presentation and a sign-off this morning. Team's been great: we're ready!
- 13:27 Meeting went great. Team got the green light. Now for the 10 hour trip home to SFO via ORD
- 15:41 made it to ORD, trying to catch an earlier flight to SFO. fingers crossed.
- 16:32 Made it on the earlier flight, w00t! Let's hear it for those of us in the last row of the plane on a Friday night :)
- 23:15 It's good to be home in CA after a really productive week in Minneapolis.
Friday, November 13, 2009
Thursday, November 12, 2009
- 05:52 RT @zarzecks: Looking for a rockstar User Experience Designer to join the @buddymedia team. (bit.ly/2A5tzG) PLS RT
- 13:02 Seeking Crowd-Sourced Design? Logo Tournament was great for me. Others recommend Genius Rocket, as well. bit.ly/4QPPF
- 13:35 Interesting to see Facebook's design principles (useful if you're creating a global platform): bit.ly/3SvRVG
Wednesday, November 11, 2009
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
Monday, November 09, 2009
Sunday, November 08, 2009
- 07:04 Didn't sleep well last night. Procrastinating an 8-mile run this morning.
- 07:06 RT @Pogue Verizon doubles its early-contract-termination fee for smartphones (to $350) --insecure much? bit.ly/3csHCt
- 09:20 hit the dog park early this morning. The pooch ran & wrestled & played his fool head off. he's asleep at my feet now, very content
- 14:40 just saw "Where the Wild Things Are." eldest liked it, youngest was bored, I'd have walked out if seeing it alone.
- 14:47 RT @Gennefer Brilliance from a college b-ball blog: "it's more important to have a good audience than a big audience" bit.ly/1hWh2Y
- 17:45 Great 8-mile run at Sawyer Camp Trail to end the day. Finished in 66 minutes with a 10km PR along the way at 50:14. w00t!
Saturday, November 07, 2009
Friday, November 06, 2009
- 00:33 @dallant now you're just showing off!
- 08:07 RT @andrewjcohen: @kaboom's Twitter & facebook referred users stay 80% longer, 45% more pages. Audience often knows them #uxthanks
- 13:23 RT @pierre Pew report: Americans broadening diversity of social ties via tech: bit.ly/3vIGyo #peacedot
- 16:26 Cy Young winner Lincecum busted for speeding/pot possession. gives new meaning to "high & outside." ha! bit.ly/i15mA
- 21:17 have seen more (legitimate) "we're hiring" notices in my mailbox this week than in a long time. a sign of the recovery?
- 22:28 @kelownagurl I recommend Iron & Wine's 'Our Endless Numbered Days' (preview on amazon: bit.ly/3ig8sy )
Thursday, November 05, 2009
- 05:01 last weekend's time change made the jump from PST to EST so much easier this trip.
- 05:07 RT @bryce: 4 hrs. of sleep is the new 8 hrs. of sleep. <-- Amen, brother. (via @robhayes)
- 06:01 For serving such a culturally diverse area, why does DC Metro only have signage in English? Willful? Or just ignorant?
- 17:54 great day in DC, so worth the trip. At IAD now awaiting the last United flight out to SFO. home by 2am?
- 18:00 @dcallejon very fast this time. will be back for a week on Dec 20. see you then?
- 18:37 Seated in 16A on a 757 Overwater. Exit row roominess and a window FTW!
- 00:27 Love that UA225 landed 40 minutes early! Home by 1am?
Sunday, November 01, 2009
Saturday, October 31, 2009
Friday, October 30, 2009
- 07:48 can someone please tell me logic behind when my FB news feed starts displaying? I mean, other than "random point in past"
- 08:14 RT @OpenCongress: Full text of the just-released, 1990-page House health care bill to be voted next wk bit.ly/3KkvCv (link to PDF)
- 11:20 Great call with a potential client this morning. Thanks @dallant for the referral.
- 15:22 Just back from dropping off parents at SFO. Great to spend time with them here in CA
Wednesday, October 28, 2009
- 08:01 Up early in Oakhurst, CA. headed to Glacier Point after breakfast then down into Yosemite Valley for a hike to Mirror Lake
- 22:01 nice to meet @simplytheresa in Yosemite today after seeing her poster all over the park the whole trip. even nicer than the pic!
- 22:41 wow. The Cherry Marketing Institute says drinking cherry juice after a race helps runners recover faster! (suspicious?) bit.ly/1IRaFj
Tuesday, October 27, 2009
- 09:25 Morning run in yosemite valley with nary a person around. Happy to be alive
- 18:38 Beautiful sunny day in Yosemite today. Not too crowded. Great valley hiking. Saw climbers half way up El Cap. Awestruck by Mariposa Grove.
Monday, October 26, 2009
Sunday, October 25, 2009
Saturday, October 24, 2009
- 07:54 is it just me? or do others suffer thru the WSJ sending duplicate stories (like 7x) thru its RSS feed every day?
- 09:39 @bradrourke run strong, Brad!
- 10:31 Just processed the 24 open tabs in my browser by reading, bookmarking, abandoning. My mac's much happier.
- 10:41 RT @SteveCase U.S. Empire in Decline bit.ly/43eY5Q "If you borrow $9 trillion, it's not really the conduct of rising empire, is it?"
- 13:29 Glad Costco gas is here in RWC: 2.92 for regular & 3.09 for premium. Much cheaper than elsewhere
- 15:33 McCain takes ~$1M from telcos, introduces misnomered "Internet Freedom Act" to ban net neutrality #senatorforhire bit.ly/fV8GR
Friday, October 23, 2009
- 10:06 RT @dallant Matt Flannery @mattflannery & Premal Shah are in FORTUNE's 40 under 40 rising stars. Go @Kiva! j.mp/FORTUNE40u40
- 12:58 Getting my hair cut. Out of curiosity, how much should you trust a bald stylist?
- 18:21 @simplytheresa haircut was just fine thx... it's now shorter than I've had it in years, and I like it :) hope to see you this Sun or Mon?
- 22:13 @dallant you're livin' the high life!
- 22:17 @jrushin. Dude you should get an Audi!
Thursday, October 22, 2009
- 08:59 California grows about 95% of the nation's pomegranates, in season now. Look for dark red skin on a heavy-for-its-size fruit.
- 09:31 glad to see the sunny forecast for Yosemite has gotten warmer. temps to stay above freezing at night for our trip Sun-Tues
- 10:43 RT @YosemiteDNC Yay! & Glacier Pt. is open too! RT @YosemiteNPS: The Tioga Road (Highway 120 through the park) has reopened.
- 12:01 urban chickens not always a pleasant affair. True, but no one glorifies picking up dog poop either bit.ly/2KgwQC
- 16:56 New Redwood City Costco has a nice layout, much better than old building. Today's bonus: shopping carts in pristine condition!
- 16:59 @gwachob If you're not one for crowds, I'd wait til tomorrow. Lots of mouth-breathers clogging the aisles grabbing for free samples
- 17:13 @gwachob yes, parking at RWC Costco is very good (better than FC and MV), altho timing of new traffic lights on Middlefield need some work.
- 19:28 With the little ones in San Jose waiting for Disney Princesses on Ice to start. Girls are excited
- 20:40 Intermission. Cute show. Girls loving the disney characters and props
Wednesday, October 21, 2009
- 08:10 I had a fantastic Monday yesterday. Can we do it again?
- 13:01 @dallant thanks for the intro, Victor. Will do you proud and let you know how our initial talk goes.
- 19:11 Watching the thinnest sliver of a moon slip below a dusky pink horizon. I love autumn skies
Tuesday, October 20, 2009
Monday, October 19, 2009
Sunday, October 18, 2009
- 11:31 just finished at 16.6 mile training run, my longest ever. glad there are still six weeks before the marathon... i need it to train
- 21:20 Listening to a room full of seven year old girls tell stories at bedtime. Birthday sleepover party going well
Saturday, October 17, 2009
- 09:14 Great to see NPR News's Social Media guidelines posted for all to read (and learn from) bit.ly/100byO
- 09:58 Hoping this story has no correlation to my headache on our Mt Whitney summit-in-a-day trip last month bit.ly/1CGtsL
- 16:56 RT @cfnoble: For the next hour, using #beatcancer and #genesistoday in ANY tweet will generate $1 to fight cancer. $1 PER TWEET
- 16:58 RT @cfnoble at 5:15 pm PST, for one hour, eBay / PayPal / WhatGives will donate $1 PER TWEET. Use #eBay and #beatcancer together!!
- 17:35 hoping my friends didn't tweet #eBay and #beatcancer too early to be counted toward the $1 per tweet donation (good til 6:15pm PDT)
- 17:55 thanks @nddulac @nurturegirl @amoration @neddotcom @msjennylin for tweeting #eBay and #beatcancer for another $1 donation
- 21:05 Ha ve plotted tomorrow's 16-mile run. Takes me from home down to Stanford Dish, thru campus to Palo Alto, then back to Edgewood Park. whew!
- 21:12 and he's packing a Pre! RT @dallant "The Blogfather has arrived" --comment I overheard when I arrived at #OppColl1 in Ixtapa.
- 23:23 RT @politicsrespun health care system as a "for profit" system goes against any moral code I know. It should be available to all.
Friday, October 16, 2009
- 09:17 Heading out for an hour-long run. We'll see how far I get.
- 15:06 busy day today: client work, biz dev, invoicing, giving away our chicken (!) to clear room in the coop for new ones.
- 15:31 @PamO cringing on your behalf. hope it's not too bad
- 16:10 Hearing the familiar "OH"s from the DC fans during anthem before the #sharks v #caps game. So better than SJ's infantile "you suck" chant
- 21:45 Sweet! Got my google voice invite :)
Thursday, October 15, 2009
- 11:46 Lance commits to Kona 2011. Stadler's bike course record of 4:18:23 just trembled. bit.ly/Rsc85
- 15:45 Weary of hearing GOP talk as if health costs won't rise without reform. Gimme a break
- 16:39 Ups and downs: a project in the pipeline didn't get funded. November's now wide open for new stuff!
- 20:30 Coming up on the 20th anniversary of Loma Prieta quake. Paying closer attn to this recent earthquakes map bit.ly/12Zr5
Wednesday, October 14, 2009
- 00:35 About to start skype with client in Bangkok and ATT DSl goes on fritz. WTF?!
- 01:00 DSL and wifi restored but window to talk missed. try again tomorrow.
- 07:49 Very cool tool: NOAA's River Guidance web site lets you see real-time river levels and flood stages bit.ly/3EnkK
- 09:14 Enjoyed last night's surprise Tabata workout session at the Silicon Valley Tri Club meeting (still feeling it). bit.ly/gEfOu
- 17:21 Hooray! Twitter now has a report spam function (at long last) bit.ly/193o2R
Tuesday, October 13, 2009
- 09:14 RT @joegardener Calling all aspiring TV chefs: Here's your chance. New Nat'l series looking for the right person... bit.ly/4hZECn
- 14:03 just cleaned up the front yard and put away anything that shouldn't get wet in the back: ready for the first rain of the season!
- 14:26 wiki wiki wiki!
- 22:59 Fascinating & frightening article by Malcolm Gladwell. Read it & never watch football the same again bit.ly/2XObf
- 23:01 @kanter nevermore
Monday, October 12, 2009
- 19:49 I do so hate it when I have multiple open-yet-unsaved documents and I close-without-saving the wrong F-in doc! #OwnWorstEnemy
- 21:30 a fan of Mojo Nixon? (80s college radio). Download all his albums FREE on Amazon 4 next 3 wks (USA only) bit.ly/m8djd
Sunday, October 11, 2009
- 10:44 Reward for this morning's 8-mile run: coffee and a donut!
- 12:00 caught a cold? 5 steps to knock it out: big breakfast, mild stress, green tea, early to bed, work out bit.ly/3stoeg
- 15:16 Kairos turns one today. Got him a new red collar and some toys.
Saturday, October 10, 2009
- 02:54 Barack Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize for creating "a new international climate." wow bit.ly/qmf4B
- 08:08 @davepeck no more driving to Millbrae or Mountain View. woohoo!
- 08:36 if your caboose is wide enough to easily show HOLLYWOOD in block letters, maybe you should lose the stretch pants. just sayin'
- 09:47 Can't stand the "if you win I lose" mentality rampant in politics these days, but glad DNC not backing down. bit.ly/vB5vA
- 09:59 RT @DennisWhittle "There is no un-do on the internet" #ocs2009
- 10:03 RT @suzboop: @goodetobefirst from Murphy Winery: push your brand's events & wins, not your brand name. create awareness of brand's lifestyle
- 10:23 Great food rule: "No second helpings, n o matter how scrumptious" bit.ly/mcTCj
- 12:01 OH: "hello?... hello? HELLO!? I think her pants just called me."
- 13:31 This is a most poorly-edited/formatted Swine Flu warning article. From BabyCenter, no less!. heard of a bullet list? bit.ly/1R6aC
- 15:00 where did the day go?
- 17:09 Sweet-talked my way out of a parking ticket. Than you meter-maid!
Friday, October 09, 2009
- 08:55 robbery? face value of event tix = $15. Buy 3 online and pay an extra $17.85 in various "fees." bah!
- 10:39 One takeaway from story of hazards of globalized food sourcing is to grind your own meat from whole cuts bit.ly/4A1pUv
- 11:34 A ban on professional models for being grossly underweight? For my daughters' sake, I hope it works bit.ly/e0ORG
- 12:23 Pogue: "public pressure+government agency doing its job=corporate behemoths doing the right thing & saving you money." bit.ly/45GTIi
- 12:28 interested in things online community? follow the #ocs2009 tag today/tomorrow. Will need to provide own wine at happy hour, tho
- 16:55 donning the teal jersey and getting ready to head out the door to the #Sharks home opener! Go Sharks :)
- 20:12 Sitting two rows in front of Jeremy Roenick at the #sharks game. So cool
- 20:59 Sitting two rows in front of Jeremy Roenick at the #sharks game. He's so cool
Thursday, October 08, 2009
- 08:41 Wondering why it'll take PayPal 10 days to fully process my unsubscribe request. is it really that difficult? (no)
- 11:26 great breakfast with @cwolz this morning. Glad he used Twitter to let me know he was in town!
- 13:34 Hooray! The new Redwood City Costco opens Oct 21 at 8am. It's been a long 6 months of reconstruction
- 18:05 Did the right thing today advising someone they're not ready to jump into social media. won't help my bank account, but I will sleep well
Wednesday, October 07, 2009
- 08:57 Majority of United Ways reporting decline in donations: comments thread more valuable than article itself bit.ly/10LDmi
- 12:58 RT @pierre Follow @effectmeasure if you want to get really smart on issues surrounding #h1n1 #swineflu pandemic.
- 13:12 Great article on the myth of crowdsourcing -- it's not what you think it is (or want it to be) bit.ly/eIDJu
- 15:43 @PunkRockRunner sad news, indeed. I think I was finishing about the same time as you. I passed by the EMT crew hard at work on him
- 17:41 getting ready to head to SF Opera to take in Il Trovatore
- 19:29 Methinks "Balcony Front" is a misnomer, at best, at SF Opera house
- 21:06 @sbraiden made it up here in a Germa n sedan. No more bike, but loving the opera. Great to hear from you!
- 23:17 Fantastic opera tonight. The set design was stunning, and the singing was pretty good, too. Soul is replenished
Tuesday, October 06, 2009
- 09:20 Best part of oral typhoid vaccine: cheaper than a shot but smar protection. Worst part? what it does to your GI tract for a week
- 11:09 FTC says bloggers must disclose payments for reviews. Does this mean the end of astroturfing? (pretty please?) ginx.com/-1w94et
- 11:27 Postal Service plans to drop Saturday delivery? How about they plan to drop junk mail instead? I'd pay for that! bit.ly/3Se1uH
Monday, October 05, 2009
- 06:25 Off to run the San Jose Rock n Roll half marathon this morning. Las Vegas marathon is just two months away!
- 10:52 Not my best half marathon but finished in 1:57:50. Great to see so many tri club folks this morning
- 13:09 @ncjack @nddulac thanks! Was good to stretch the legs a bit today :)
Sunday, October 04, 2009
- 09:47 Want to see how to systematically destroy the Redwood City School District? read Jack Hickey's statements here: ginx.com/-QWtiR
- 10:49 Off to see a matinee of Ponyo. First time we're all seeing a movie in the theater together. Hope the youngest holds up.
- 12:47 Wow, the film broke mid-movie and melted like an old 8mm. Little kids are horrified. Waiting for the fix.
- 13:55 Movie fixed. Stayed until the end. Girls liked Ponyo a lot. Next up: Fantastic Mr Fox
- 20:51 Friends over for dinner. Made tom kha gai and green curry from scratch. Yummy!
Saturday, October 03, 2009
- 09:29 Looking forward to this afternoon's hilly bike ride with TRK. Much to do beforehand.
- 09:42 @skydiver to focus on run without music, do math problems (add street addresses together, keep track of sum of bib numbers of ppl you pass)
- 11:09 RT @SteveHynd: Obama WH already got more from one buffet lunch with Iran than Bush WH did in 8 yrs of saber-rattling.
- 13:09 Time to pull the bike gear together and go rag out the legs on them thar hills above us.
Friday, October 02, 2009
- 09:28 so very thrilled to get a Google Wave invite in my inbox (& thanks to so many Twitter-folk who offered me one of theirs)
- 11:30 RT @Mlsif 83% of Americans want bills posted online before Congress votes on them. retwt.me/tucq (The rest are afraid to look?)
- 14:41 Thrilled the #NHL season starts tonight, at last. Go #Sharks!
- 14:55 Texting while driving banned for Federal workers (how they gonna enforce?) ginx.com/-4sArD
- 19:46 Pissed that #directv and #versus are still in a standoff so no #sharks hockey on tv at the bar
- 23:23 iPhone battery dying. Have to pay attn to darts now. Tied 6-6 with 5 games to goi
Thursday, October 01, 2009
- 07:59 Maybe if Obama were just heading to his Texas ranch for some R 'n R the GOP wouldn't complain so much about his travels?
- 09:01 Was hoping there'd be a Google Wave invite in my box this morning. Kinda feels like Xmas morning with no gifts under the tree.
- 09:03 Good to see: RT @DirecTV we are open to putting up the hockey games that are exclusive to Versus while we continue to negotiate.
- 11:23 Samoa... Sumatra... if I lived in a country beginning with a "T" I'd be bracing for the next big temblor. USA is next after that?
- 13:48 New brakes on the bimmer via Autobahn Motors in Los Gatos. Thanks, Dave and team!
Wednesday, September 30, 2009
- 08:03 Great talk with my tax guy this morning. It's fun to be building a small business.
- 11:10 Taking my folks to Yosemite in late October... managed to score a night at the Lodge so we can stay in the valley!
- 15:58 RT @MartyKearns Lessons Learned from Creating a Social Networking Site for More than Just Socializing ow.ly/rK4T
- 18:08 @simplytheresa the want is there, so I'll make the time. See you in October! :)
- 18:21 RT @awsamuel A social scientist takes on social media bullshit: ginx.com/-9Hpbr (via @david_a_eaves)
- 19:53 Psyched to find out health insurance will pay for all but $50 of my travel shots (clinic charges $850 for them)
Tuesday, September 29, 2009
- 10:17 Getting ready to drive to Oakland to talk social media tactics over lunch with the Playworks team
- 16:17 Great visit with the Playworks team, and a nice FB bonus to see Pam at the new casa while over in the East Bay
- 16:52 @joanhan (re: twitgoo.com/3tsfa) I'll take the bottom shelf, you take the top?
- 16:52 RT @YosemiteDNC Tuolumne lodging and High Sierra camps are closed for the season. Thanks, everyone, for another great year.
- 18:14 Backed up my data and upgrading to Snow Leopard. Fingers crossed!
- 22:57 love the fact I can toss my #fivefinger shoes into the washer and they come out sparkly clean!
- 23:20 Pissed that @DirecTV has dropped Versus channel: means no opening night Sharks game on TV for me. Might switch to DISH after 10 years of DTV
Monday, September 28, 2009
- 08:28 making green pancakes with the wee ones. it's good to be home
- 10:46 wondering if the paint's actually going to dry before this Mt Whitney video finishes uploading. too close to call.
- 11:01 Pictures from my Mt Whitney climb with @dallant are posted to Flickr ginx.com/-TXHbB
- 13:15 RT @activenetwork Marathon Mania Section! Find Marathon Running Articles, Training Tips, Plans, Online Log & Races: ginx.com/-kxRjx
- 15:28 Totally love the USAA mobile@deposit app on my iPhone. Can deposit a check just by taking a picture of it!
- 19:45 Cool to watch the Intl Space Station fly overhead tonight: really bright! follow @twisst to find out when it passes over you
Sunday, September 27, 2009
- 09:15 Stuck in Rodgecrest til our plane takes off at noon. Forecast high is 104. Get me out of here!
- 11:33 Watching the TSA screeners at IYK go thru checked bags by hand. No secrets from anyone in the room.
- 13:13 Flew at 11,000' from IYK to LAX. Passed over 100s of swimming pools and not a single one in use
- 14:03 @nddulac have a great time at the game! Go Spartans
- 14:05 Walking thru LAX can't help but notice just how big people are. Except for the rail thin catwalk types, that is
- 16:27 Touchdown SFO. Great trip up Mt Whitney with @dallant. Mont Blanc in 2010!
- 20:24 how 'bout them Irish?! sweet comeback drive.
Saturday, September 26, 2009
Friday, September 25, 2009
- 06:03 Platform v eyeballs and rent v own. A great post by Seth Godin today: ginx.com/-GFwcg
- 06:06 off to the airport (SFO - LAX - IYK) for dinner in Lone Pine tonight!
- 09:05 Landed at LAX 25 min early. Sitting on Tarmac for 25 min waiting for a gate to open up. Net-net: on time arrival. Sigh
- 12:25 Flight into IYK cruised at 11,000'. Will be having breakfast higher than that tomorrow morning on the climb up Mt Whitney
- 14:58 Got my Whitney permit in hand. Heading up to the trailhead to acclimate then back to Lone Pine for dinner
- 17:34 Pizza for dinner then a nap under the stars. We set out for the summit at 4am. Updates when we return tomorrow evening. Bye
Thursday, September 24, 2009
- 00:35 @dallant surely you jest about the new shoes... s'il vous plait?
- 00:56 LOVE IT! RT @twisst8 @itsthomas ISS will cross the sky at your location at 8:46 pm! more details: twisst.nl/13513
- 09:00 too cute: listening to my youngest sing along to "Magic" by Selena Gomez
- 10:32 You don't have to like the coming era of hyper-measurement, but that doesn't mean it's not here. (via @sethgodin) ginx.com/-Aq7YW
- 10:55 RT @awsamuel Great blog post from @laurenbacon on why you shouldn't worry about falling behind. ginx.com/-2iyvCA
- 14:54 RT @weaddup We have over $33,000 worth of prizes. All ya have to do is sign up to win! www.climategiveaway.com Have fun!
- 18:12 enjoying the awesomeness that is my dopplr account linked to my flickr account to group my photos by trip taken.
- 18:36 @leelefever so sorry to read the sad news of Amos. My thoughts are with you.
- 21:27 Happily watching the Sharks and the Canucks streaming on nhl.tv (OT, baby!)
- 22:58 flight leaves in 9 hours, and I guess I'd better start packing my equipment IN the bag instead of just piling it in a corner
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
- 12:07 Coolant light flicked on in the car. Stopped in at Palo Alto Bimmer to buy more and they topped it off for FREE. w00t!
- 16:14 Until today, had been almost a year since it cost $50 to fill my car. Can't wait for gas prices to drop again.
- 16:21 RT @pierre: Just got off stage with Clinton announcing our $30m commitment to support entrepreneurship in India and Africa. #cgi09
- 18:10 Slowly but surely pulling the hiking equipment together. Flight to Inyo-Kern leaves SFO at 8am Thursday.
Tuesday, September 22, 2009
- 13:28 Making my packing list to summit Mt Whitney on Friday with @dallant. This will be 3 years in a row at highest peak in lower 48
- 15:02 RT @cwolz: HBR's Piskorski on social network sites: provide "cover" for voyeurism and job seeking(?) ow.ly/qnnF
- 16:03 @peterkaminski could have sworn I was going to see you up on the stage for this: ginx.com/-YhmIV
- 22:28 wondering where the heck I put all my hiking gear
Monday, September 21, 2009
- 04:41 Up early and out the door to drive down to rave the Santa Cruz #Triathlon. I'll be wearing no. 485 today
- 05:48 Made it to Santa Cruz before transition opened. Hope I'm this fast all morning!
- 05:50 Aiming to beat 3 hours today. See you after the race
- 12:24 Woohoo! Smoked my goal time. Finished in 2:48:57. My personal best for Olympic distance %triathlon
Sunday, September 20, 2009
- 11:56 off to Santa Cruz to pick up my race packet for tomorrow's triathlon. Taking the girls with me and then we're off to a party afterward.
- 20:10 Tri bag is packed and ready to go. My swim wave starts in twelve hours!
Saturday, September 19, 2009
- 06:59 Watched the sun rise from my kitchen table in CA this morning. Sorry, no comparison to seeing it come up over Kenya
- 10:41 @ncjack back already! last Tri of the season is on Sunday (int'l distance Santa Cruz Tri). Hope to beat the jet lag by then :)
- 16:28 Thankful for 20 minute naps. Getting ready to take the eldest to the #SJSharks preseason game tonight!
- 18:33 On Caltrain to the #SJSharks game with Hannah
- 19:25 Yee-Frickin-Ha!!! There's finally free wifi at the Shark Tank. Go #SJSharks!
- 19:55 Is only fitting that Hannah lost her tooth at the hockey game (no puck involved)
- 21:27 Taking the early train home from the game to show off the tooth to mom
Friday, September 18, 2009
- 01:04 at last! made it to Munich. altho it's raining, I'm off to explore. flight for SFO leaves in 6 hours.
- 02:33 Jacking the wifi at the apple store at Marienplatz
- 06:04 nice time in Munich. had weisswurst for lunch at Viktualienmarkt and walked around city center in the drizzle. now back at MUC
- 06:14 Discovered the delightful feature known as "freshen up shower" in biz class lounge in MUC. I feel like a new man.
- 19:00 Landed at SFO. Good to be home again. 8 mo old twin girls next to me were very well behaved
- 21:18 family reunited. bags unpacked. catching up on mail/email. hoping for sleep tonight.
Thursday, September 17, 2009
Wednesday, September 16, 2009
- 01:00 Finally got my Kenya sim card to work. Humbled by the trouble I had but there's a first time for everything
- 12:34 spending my last night in Nairobi. Looking forward to getting to the National Park tomorrow afternoon before flying home
- 12:52 @Stokes local Kenyans are amused at the #fivefingers ("why bother?"). Surprised at how many folks from asia/europe have seen them before.
- 20:17 watching my last Nairobi sunrise. memorizing the sights and sounds.
- 20:53 Surprised to find a monkey hanging out just outside my hotel room door. Glad I didn't leave any windows open!
Tuesday, September 15, 2009
- 08:55 jet lag and wearing a suit in a hot room did me in this afternoon. thankfully have found my second wind just before dinner
- 13:33 Had nyama choma for dinner tonight (grilled meats). Ate ostrich, camel and crocodile. Yum!
- 13:44 Dead tired. Up since 3am thx to jet lag. 21 hrs I enough. Good night!
- 20:09 Woken up by exotic bird calls. Out to do another run with the monkeys.
- 21:48 great run this morning... saw the family of monkeys again on the trail. Really loving my #fivefingers shoes on this Africa trip.
Monday, September 14, 2009
- 01:33 it's odd to see so few ads on Google results page (logging in from Kenya). Same oddity with Kenya-based FB ads, too
- 12:34 Interesting dinner conversations with folks from Sri Lanka, Mexico, Kenya and Philippines. So much to learn and share!
- 19:22 Coming together is a beginning. Keeping together is progress. Working together is success. - H Ford
Sunday, September 13, 2009
- 11:09 I made it to Africa! Saw Mt Kenya on the way in. 3 hours after landing, finally at the hotel. now to get something to eat.
- 12:45 surprisingly chilly in Nairobi. Agreed to do a 5K run first thing in the morning around hotel grounds. glad I brought my kit!
- 12:56 wow, Heatley now a Shark? bye-bye Cheech and Michalek
- 19:14 managed to sleep in til 5am, awoken by a flock of very noisy (yet unseen) birds outside. can't wait til the sun comes up!
- 21:22 delightful 5K run around the hotel grounds. saw lots of monkeys and exotic birds and my feet are coated with red dust from the trail
- 23:52 It seems there are as many monkeys in the trees here as there are squirrels back in the trees at home. Amazing
Saturday, September 12, 2009
- 23:49 For want of an extra 76ml of Deep Woods OFF, had to check my bag in Zurich. sigh, shoulda bought a smaller size
- 23:52 Flying thru Germany reminds me of the importance of portion control and quality (small and high). Need to bring that home.
Friday, September 11, 2009
- 03:46 RT @WiserEarth WiserEarth is looking for a Social Media Intern ginx.com/-MoBxv #wiserearth
- 04:42 Oops, you mean the mic was on? unintentional transparency at its best ginx.com/-CGBOR
- 08:41 Dog woke me up at 2am, looking worriedly at the front door. Didn't help that "The Mist" was on TV at the time. Creepy.
- 14:05 Enjoying some quality time with Kairos at the dog park
- 16:10 packing, thinning, prioritizing, re-packing
- 16:12 @drhomes thanks, Dan! shoot well tonight and see you next week
- 19:32 lounging at SFO, on my way to MUC in an hour on LH 459
- 20:43 Safely aboard. Shutting off iPhone to avoid nasty Int'l charges. See you in Munich!
Thursday, September 10, 2009
- 01:38 RT @pierre Tom Friedman explains why we really need a functional GOP: ginx.com/-peohT
- 08:06 happy to see a bumper crop of limes on the tree.
- 09:46 thankful for good friends that are much smarter than me and willing to teach from a distance (yes, you, Jim!)
- 10:00 RT @stereogab Announced the winners of Apps for America 2: The Data.gov Challenge ginx.com/-gUmqo
- 12:16 Stopped by the ON office today. What a great group of people
- 15:44 Sweet! Insurance covers 30 days of Malarone (malaria pills). Otherwise are $7 per day
- 17:41 doing a jigsaw puzzle with my eldest. she's good!
- 20:45 24 hours from now, I'll be nestled in my Lufthansa seat, about to take off for the other side of the world (getting excited!)
- 21:44 @ryankanno thanks! hoping my new blue fivefingers arrive before I have to dash to the airport :)
Wednesday, September 09, 2009
- 10:23 another example of "the rich get richer" aspect of networks, via study of Twitter followers ginx.com/-C1g9S
- 16:49 Happy to work in a 10km run on the way to pick up the minivan from service
- 17:54 @dallant don't forget, I'm going to be sitting on my duff all the way to Africa and back the week before our climb.
- 17:57 Interesting Rockefeller Foundation "Philanthropic Advisor" job opening in SF. Know someone good? ginx.com/-OeDXZ
Tuesday, September 08, 2009
- 11:18 Great last hilly bike ride with Thom before he moves to Texas. Up Moody and Old La Honda.
- 14:46 all shopping for the Kenya trip is complete! Now I've got three days to make it all fit in carry-on :)
- 18:10 Having sushi with the family
Monday, September 07, 2009
Sunday, September 06, 2009
- 13:51 just moved 60 cubic feet of yard material so's to muck the chicken yard. The coop smells nice and fresh (tho I won't until after my shower)
- 20:15 stuffed salmon and asparagus spears for dinner. Now watching the Bears feast on the Terps.
- 21:45 @rozsavage congrats on making it to Tarawa! so proud of your accomplishment (104 days at sea)!
Saturday, September 05, 2009
- 08:39 RT @berkmancenter: More carrot, less stick! bit.ly/46OLDt Dave Rand's new paper on human cooperation: bit.ly/xQxGb
- 13:59 At the travel medicine clinic. Shots incoming. Only five tho
- 14:34 Vaccine slurry in my system: hep A, meningitis, polio, tdap and flu. Joy
Friday, September 04, 2009
- 07:59 @ryankanno thanks for the tip! have a blue pair of 44s on their way (bought a $2 luggage tag to beat $7 in shipping)
- 17:44 Great coffee and discussion just now with @eekim. Even better to be reminded just how brilliant your friends are.
Thursday, September 03, 2009
- 10:21 Making plans to climb Mt Whitney on 9/25 with @dallant, what a busy September!
- 13:21 job opp: PT co-director for @globalvoices Lingua translation community: ginx.com/-coLC2
- 13:53 sweet! <3 from MSM RT @huffingtonpost Urban Chickens: The Latest Trend In New York City (VIDEO) bit.ly/G9q9P
- 14:11 off to SF for meetings, meetings and dinner, then back home for more late-night calls.
Wednesday, September 02, 2009
- 08:05 stand corrected by Blood Ctr staff: the travel meds don't DQ me from donating, the time in Africa DQs me. time to get another tattoo!
- 10:07 awesome! RT @Peets_Tweets: Come take a virtual tour of our Alameda roasting plant. ginx.com/-xER37
- 12:47 crap. getting 502 errors trying to get to gmail
- 18:37 amused to hear NPR story about wolf hunting in Idaho & hunter who's fed up with his prey cuz "wolves just kill elk for sport!" oh, irony
- 23:01 @RobCottingham welcome to the stream! Can't wait to share the adventure... starts on 9/10!
- 23:46 Lots of oohs and ahhs over my #fivefinger KSOs at the hair salon today. If I were a #vibram salesperson, I could've made a killing.
Tuesday, September 01, 2009
- 06:39 Driving to UC Davis to the lab
- 12:10 Off to donate a pint of O Positive. Getting my yellow fever shot on Friday which DQs me from giving blood for a year.
- 13:04 Cool: Stanford Blood Ctr giving out coupons for free pint of ice cream at Baskin Robbins for donors. Yum
Monday, August 31, 2009
- 06:21 Marathon training plan says today is a rest day. Triathlon training says do a practice Olympic tri. Tri wins
- 11:04 Decent times so far. Swim in :30. Bike in 1:13. I'll beat 3 hours easily!
- 12:57 Pulled the run in in less than am hour. Think I'm gonna have a great PR at Santa Cruz Tri next month.
- 14:46 Great to get a preview of the Santa Cruz #Tri with the #SVTC this morning. Race day's going to be so much the better and faster for it!
Sunday, August 30, 2009
- 09:18 getting ready for my swim lesson. There's always room for improvement!
- 10:49 fantastic swim lesson this morning. Got great pointers to use in tomorrow's open water swim at Santa Cruz pier
- 16:55 wondering if anyone's been to Kenya and gotten their visa at NBO instead of before arriving? possible to get biz visa at NBO?
- 17:20 @lindare dept SFO on 9/10 get to NBO on 9/12 there for 5 days for a conference, no safaris :(
- 21:23 @broksas thanks for the visa info! did you get a business visa? or tourist? did it matter?
- 21:25 @sarahkay don't let @jrushin freeze to death due to his chivalry!
Saturday, August 29, 2009
- 07:07 Flight delayed out of DCA means missed conxn in ORD. Off to Dulles to go nonstop instead. Joy
- 08:21 tickets to Nairobi purchased, now have to get my visa and shots!
- 09:23 Waitlist gods are smiling. I'm on the earlier flight home and will land at SFO within 15 min of original plan
- 16:00 landed SFO. good to be home. lots to do before FedEx pickup tonight.
Friday, August 28, 2009
- 04:46 wow, you people get up early on the East Coast :)
- 04:56 Cool! The Australian Council for Ed Research is going to use content from my urbanchickens.net blog as part of a test for gifted Aussie kids
- 11:11 great to see so many old friends at this morning's meeting in VA. Confirmation that "small world effects" are in full force in the network
- 15:19 Great day of meetings in DC area. Now to hang out with my parents tonight and fly home in the morning
- 20:47 I hate it when late-night scheduled calls go unanswered. Stay up just in case? or send email to reschedule?
Thursday, August 27, 2009
- 02:32 researching flights to Nairobi.
- 03:26 @robhayes got your KSOs yet? I <3 mine in a very big way, wearing them almost daily
- 07:36 packed up and ready to leave for the airport. Sleeping in Virginia tonight
- 09:49 Sucky ATT reception at SFO gate 75. Aboard the plane and on our way to ORD
- 14:11 Touchdown ORD. 45 min to catch flight to DCA. Hustle!
- 14:59 @nurturegirl waving right back at you. See you next week in SF
- 17:11 Hello Virginia. I see you're still a big fan of heat and humidity
- 19:02 @joshuaclerner wanting to customize the wikimedia layout and allow for greater control over user access to edit than the "one-step" setup
Wednesday, August 26, 2009
- 10:13 thanks, Dena, for reminding me to purchase domains today! (whew, they were still available)
- 10:35 @billy_bates thanks for the tip!
- 10:36 help? Can anyone connect me to a mediawiki specialist to get me fully custom-configured on a dreamhost server? will pay
- 10:56 @inspirative Thanks, Michael, I will!
- 11:35 RT @lhtorres 25 percent of the way there! Can you help #PeaceTiles win the Nau "Grant for Change" $10k award? Vote at bit.ly/8th9d
- 15:06 enjoying a very entrepreneurial afternoon with @perezda. software: check! domain: check! email: check! bizplan: next!
- 16:54 RT @scottyhendo: Just learned 75% of bankruptcies last year were caused by health costs
- 20:33 RT @windley Rationing (wh ether by price or gov't or some other way) ALWAYS implies someone doesn't get care they need. #hcr
- 22:19 Would love to have a txt-to-speech & speech-to-txt app for my iPhone so I can keep my eyes on the road. (no, not a real voice call)
- 22:30 RIP Ted Kennedy. we'll miss you in the fight for health care reform #hcr
Tuesday, August 25, 2009
- 07:32 Great job oppty: pubs coordinator @ ISEAL, the global assn for social & environmental standards systems ginx.com/-4DONld
- 14:14 RT @jowyang: Want to be Forrester's next Social Marketing Analyst? Learn how: ginx.com/-qev2X
- 22:26 such a bummer the shuttle launch was scrubbed tonight (nice to watch live on @hdnet tho)
Monday, August 24, 2009
- 09:17 finishing up a pancake breakfast with the family now... fuel for my open water swim at Redwood Shores at 10am
- 12:58 Nice easy one mile swim in a lagoon at Redwood Shores with Dan & Warren. 30:40 to go the mile in warmish flat water
- 19:16 It's bullshit that the people who have a good health insurance plan (you, Lieberman) are the ones saying we don't need reform
- 20:40 Damn, wish I could have made it to #tbash today, but I caught my youngest's cold and decided not to share with the crowd
- 20:41 @gwachob hey, let me know if I can be of assistance, too!
- 20:45 @gwachob will do. mango nectar and sleep for me!
- 20:45 I just entered to win a pass to #Gov20 Expo and Summit. Just follow @GovTwit and @GovLoop and RT to win! bi t.ly/RsjJV
- 21:02 guilty pleasure: watching DVR'd "Morrissey: Who Put the M in Manchester" concert. he doesn't look 50. Thanks @hdnet!
- 21:09 @motorcop1 hey, congrats on the pending delivery of kid #2! you'll soon find out that 1+1=3 when it comes to parenting demands :)
Sunday, August 23, 2009
- 08:10 If it's Saturday morning it must be time for a bike ride!
- 13:02 great bike clinic this morning put on by the Integrate folks (Al and crew). Lots to learn and muscles to burn. ginx.com/-fcaCa
- 18:03 Pictures from our trip to Yosemite and Bodie posted to Flickr ginx.com/-MNzLD
Saturday, August 22, 2009
- 20:52 BTW if you were looking for anyone from Europe this past week, they were with us on holiday in Yosemite. so few American accents!
- 22:04 still a little weary from waking up at 5am to scare a black bear out of our camp (with a little help from the dog).
Thursday, August 20, 2009
Monday, June 29, 2009
Sunday, June 28, 2009
- 06:44 @jedmiller thank you, Jed! Hope you're having a fantastic weekend.
- 07:00 Listening to Robyn Hitchcock's "I Often Dream of Trains" and loving every note of it. ginx.com/-gfGVx
- 09:31 Debating whether to climb Old La Honda or Kings Mtn Road today. Waiting 'til it gets hotter to simulate race conditions.
- 14:15 What a wonderful surprise to find my dad flew up from San Diego for my birthday! Such a clever family :)
- 16:09 glad Thom came out to ride with me in the 97 deg heat. Our (my) choice of the Page Mill climb was most unwise. no shade = abort 1/2 way
- 16:21 thanks everyone for your birthday wishes today. I'm truly blessed to have so many great friends
- 19:47 Can't wait for @krob to come join her husband at my house :)
- 21:04 @krob Not enough alcohol in the world. We've got 20 guys ready to come pick you up
- 00:09 What a great birthday. Good to have friends over for some sweets. No need for another dessert til I'm 41
Saturday, June 27, 2009
- 02:01 Comgrats to Lorr and Brett for winning the dart tourney. Late night but a lot of fun
- 07:47 Awesome picture of the Sarychev Peak volcanic eruption from above (via the ISS). what timing! ginx.com/-GoGKo
- 08:22 Happy to not have to pay attention to Evite RSVPs anymore (for now).
- 08:23 RT @jedmiller: Posting PDFs is like offering an orange when someone ordered juice, or slipping someone the White Pages at a party.
- 09:32 Can't decide if it's my tired eyes or the crappy font that's making this PowerPoint so painful to read
- 09:49 @jdellachiesa haven't seen the Disney train yet, no... is it worth the trip across the Bay?
- 10:01 meditating on this: networks are not a sum of parts but rather a product of the interaction of their parts
- 12:26 If Clear is going to notify me once they've deleted all my personal info, how will they know where to notify me?
- 12:38 if FB becomes more like Twitter, what will all the FB users kvetching about Twitter updates to FB do? :-) ginx.com/-L65Ns
- 13:23 RT @EllnMllr: We're going to bring the FEC into the 21st Century. Really it IS possible. Help us out: ginx.com/-dPkAm
- 16:15 I've got about 8 hours to finish those few remaining "by the time I turn 40" items. Anyone know where I can rent a Ferrari?
Friday, June 26, 2009
- 05:51 The chickens woke up first. I quieted them down with some scratch so as to let the kids sleep in.
- 09:47 RT @eekim: My brief slidecast defining collaboration and introducing the model @BlueOxenAssoc uses to think about it ginx.com/-7D8fN
- 12:41 Preparing my talking points for tonight's SCVDA Awards Party... lots of folks to thank for a wildly successful dart season.
- 13:22 was so hoping to see RSA beat BRA. I fear it's not to be with the late goal.
- 14:53 80s icons are taking a hard hit today... hope it doesn't come in threes.
- 17:13 Picking up a mess of BBQ for a crowd of 75 at tonight's SCVDA awards party
- 21:52 Great party celebrating SCVDA Spring Seaon. 60 people throwing in the darts tourney
Thursday, June 25, 2009
- 08:22 RT @NurtureGirl: It is 10am Central, do you know where your to do list is? How about your to be list?
- 08:56 People are driving like frickin banshees today. Ugh
- 18:01 With my girls at Comcert in the Park in Redwood City. Andy Z is plating great kids tunes.
- 21:10 camping out (with wifi) in the backyard with my girls. Nice to have the tent set up and see them snuggled in their sleeping bags.
Wednesday, June 24, 2009
- 07:20 Blogged: SocialText goes free for up to 50 users - ginx.com/-Fsmbi (via @dahowlett)
- 11:34 Shame on Union Pacific to not repair tracks in time for Disney's Christmas Carol Train to come to RWC. is now in OAK ginx.com/-ezSCm
- 11:50 congrats @sarahkay and @jrushin on this, your second anniversary!
- 11:59 Thrilled that Socialtext is now free for first 50 users. No longer have to use PBwiki for small stuff. ginx.com/-k3uIZ
- 20:33 Great to see everyone at my sports basement shopping party. Thanks for coming!
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
- 07:22 @vaibhav1981 thanks for the link for the "since last payment" discussion!
- 08:27 RT @EllnMllr Assesing the Case Foundation's America's Giving Challenge. ginx.com/-em0Kt
- 13:58 feature idea for Find my iPhone app: take pic remotely to see environs where it's been lost. ginx.com/-6kg0D
- 21:20 As of 11pm PDT, Clear Card will cease operations. So much for the fast lane at the airport.
Monday, June 22, 2009
- 07:52 Good luck to all my #triathlon friends racing in the San Jose Olympic Distance Triathlon this morning!
- 10:41 Show support for democracy in Iran add green overlay to your Twitter avatar with 1-click - helpiranelection.com/
- 10:52 Anyone else have screwy Google #AdSense earnings reports in last week? My since last payment is off 50%, yet monthlies are OK
- 11:08 If you read the Sunday (print) paper: how many specific ads can you recall? think the rest got their money's worth?
- 19:59 Ceded the neighborhood bocce ball crown. Now grilling steaks and chicken for dinner. Beer me!