Thursday, August 30, 2007

giving Verizon Wireless one more chance

I've been flummoxed trying to make sense of all the plans and equipment and rates at the various carriers. Recognizing this FUD leads to a rather dear switching cost, I decided to give Verizon Wireless one more try, despite my blogged claims to the contrary.

I borrowed a friend's VZW-powered Blackberry 8830 today to see if I could pair it to my car and use my car's system to talk hands-free. Sure enough, the 8830 worked like a charm.

Rather than go in to a retail store and pick up the phone (why should they get the commission?), I instead used Verizon Wireless's online store and saved myself $100 in the process for upgrading my phone online.

So, I've ordered my own Blackberry 8830 (and upgraded Left Coast Mom to a RAZR in the same shipment). They Should arrive early next week.

And I'll be sure to blog about my experience changing from the Treo 650 world to the Blackberry 8830 world. First stop: how to get all my data from one to the other?

No comments: