- 13:37 Note to self: it's allergy season again. Start taking your claritin
- 15:18 got mysql and Rails installed on my mac (thanks @perezda). feeling dangerous. watch out!
Saturday, October 31, 2009
Friday, October 30, 2009
- 07:48 can someone please tell me logic behind when my FB news feed starts displaying? I mean, other than "random point in past"
- 08:14 RT @OpenCongress: Full text of the just-released, 1990-page House health care bill to be voted next wk bit.ly/3KkvCv (link to PDF)
- 11:20 Great call with a potential client this morning. Thanks @dallant for the referral.
- 15:22 Just back from dropping off parents at SFO. Great to spend time with them here in CA
Wednesday, October 28, 2009
- 08:01 Up early in Oakhurst, CA. headed to Glacier Point after breakfast then down into Yosemite Valley for a hike to Mirror Lake
- 22:01 nice to meet @simplytheresa in Yosemite today after seeing her poster all over the park the whole trip. even nicer than the pic!
- 22:41 wow. The Cherry Marketing Institute says drinking cherry juice after a race helps runners recover faster! (suspicious?) bit.ly/1IRaFj
Tuesday, October 27, 2009
- 09:25 Morning run in yosemite valley with nary a person around. Happy to be alive
- 18:38 Beautiful sunny day in Yosemite today. Not too crowded. Great valley hiking. Saw climbers half way up El Cap. Awestruck by Mariposa Grove.
Monday, October 26, 2009
Sunday, October 25, 2009
Saturday, October 24, 2009
- 07:54 is it just me? or do others suffer thru the WSJ sending duplicate stories (like 7x) thru its RSS feed every day?
- 09:39 @bradrourke run strong, Brad!
- 10:31 Just processed the 24 open tabs in my browser by reading, bookmarking, abandoning. My mac's much happier.
- 10:41 RT @SteveCase U.S. Empire in Decline bit.ly/43eY5Q "If you borrow $9 trillion, it's not really the conduct of rising empire, is it?"
- 13:29 Glad Costco gas is here in RWC: 2.92 for regular & 3.09 for premium. Much cheaper than elsewhere
- 15:33 McCain takes ~$1M from telcos, introduces misnomered "Internet Freedom Act" to ban net neutrality #senatorforhire bit.ly/fV8GR
Friday, October 23, 2009
- 10:06 RT @dallant Matt Flannery @mattflannery & Premal Shah are in FORTUNE's 40 under 40 rising stars. Go @Kiva! j.mp/FORTUNE40u40
- 12:58 Getting my hair cut. Out of curiosity, how much should you trust a bald stylist?
- 18:21 @simplytheresa haircut was just fine thx... it's now shorter than I've had it in years, and I like it :) hope to see you this Sun or Mon?
- 22:13 @dallant you're livin' the high life!
- 22:17 @jrushin. Dude you should get an Audi!
Thursday, October 22, 2009
- 08:59 California grows about 95% of the nation's pomegranates, in season now. Look for dark red skin on a heavy-for-its-size fruit.
- 09:31 glad to see the sunny forecast for Yosemite has gotten warmer. temps to stay above freezing at night for our trip Sun-Tues
- 10:43 RT @YosemiteDNC Yay! & Glacier Pt. is open too! RT @YosemiteNPS: The Tioga Road (Highway 120 through the park) has reopened.
- 12:01 urban chickens not always a pleasant affair. True, but no one glorifies picking up dog poop either bit.ly/2KgwQC
- 16:56 New Redwood City Costco has a nice layout, much better than old building. Today's bonus: shopping carts in pristine condition!
- 16:59 @gwachob If you're not one for crowds, I'd wait til tomorrow. Lots of mouth-breathers clogging the aisles grabbing for free samples li>
- 17:13 @gwachob yes, parking at RWC Costco is very good (better than FC and MV), altho timing of new traffic lights on Middlefield need some work.
- 19:28 With the little ones in San Jose waiting for Disney Princesses on Ice to start. Girls are excited
- 20:40 Intermission. Cute show. Girls loving the disney characters and props
Wednesday, October 21, 2009
- 08:10 I had a fantastic Monday yesterday. Can we do it again?
- 13:01 @dallant thanks for the intro, Victor. Will do you proud and let you know how our initial talk goes.
- 19:11 Watching the thinnest sliver of a moon slip below a dusky pink horizon. I love autumn skies
Tuesday, October 20, 2009
Monday, October 19, 2009
Sunday, October 18, 2009
- 11:31 just finished at 16.6 mile training run, my longest ever. glad there are still six weeks before the marathon... i need it to train
- 21:20 Listening to a room full of seven year old girls tell stories at bedtime. Birthday sleepover party going well
Saturday, October 17, 2009
- 09:14 Great to see NPR News's Social Media guidelines posted for all to read (and learn from) bit.ly/100byO
- 09:58 Hoping this story has no correlation to my headache on our Mt Whitney summit-in-a-day trip last month bit.ly/1CGtsL
- 16:56 RT @cfnoble: For the next hour, using #beatcancer and #genesistoday in ANY tweet will generate $1 to fight cancer. $1 PER TWEET
- 16:58 RT @cfnoble at 5:15 pm PST, for one hour, eBay / PayPal / WhatGives will donate $1 PER TWEET. Use #eBay and #beatcancer together!!
- 17:35 hoping my friends didn't tweet #eBay and #beatcancer too early to be counted toward the $1 per tweet donation (good til 6:15pm PDT)
- 17:55 thanks @nddulac @nurturegirl @amoration @neddotcom @msjennylin for tweeting #eBay and #beatcancer for another $1 donation
- 21:05 Ha ve plotted tomorrow's 16-mile run. Takes me from home down to Stanford Dish, thru campus to Palo Alto, then back to Edgewood Park. whew!
- 21:12 and he's packing a Pre! RT @dallant "The Blogfather has arrived" --comment I overheard when I arrived at #OppColl1 in Ixtapa.
- 23:23 RT @politicsrespun health care system as a "for profit" system goes against any moral code I know. It should be available to all.
Friday, October 16, 2009
- 09:17 Heading out for an hour-long run. We'll see how far I get.
- 15:06 busy day today: client work, biz dev, invoicing, giving away our chicken (!) to clear room in the coop for new ones.
- 15:31 @PamO cringing on your behalf. hope it's not too bad
- 16:10 Hearing the familiar "OH"s from the DC fans during anthem before the #sharks v #caps game. So better than SJ's infantile "you suck" chant
- 21:45 Sweet! Got my google voice invite :)
Thursday, October 15, 2009
- 11:46 Lance commits to Kona 2011. Stadler's bike course record of 4:18:23 just trembled. bit.ly/Rsc85
- 15:45 Weary of hearing GOP talk as if health costs won't rise without reform. Gimme a break
- 16:39 Ups and downs: a project in the pipeline didn't get funded. November's now wide open for new stuff!
- 20:30 Coming up on the 20th anniversary of Loma Prieta quake. Paying closer attn to this recent earthquakes map bit.ly/12Zr5
Wednesday, October 14, 2009
- 00:35 About to start skype with client in Bangkok and ATT DSl goes on fritz. WTF?!
- 01:00 DSL and wifi restored but window to talk missed. try again tomorrow.
- 07:49 Very cool tool: NOAA's River Guidance web site lets you see real-time river levels and flood stages bit.ly/3EnkK
- 09:14 Enjoyed last night's surprise Tabata workout session at the Silicon Valley Tri Club meeting (still feeling it). bit.ly/gEfOu
- 17:21 Hooray! Twitter now has a report spam function (at long last) bit.ly/193o2R
Tuesday, October 13, 2009
- 09:14 RT @joegardener Calling all aspiring TV chefs: Here's your chance. New Nat'l series looking for the right person... bit.ly/4hZECn
- 14:03 just cleaned up the front yard and put away anything that shouldn't get wet in the back: ready for the first rain of the season!
- 14:26 wiki wiki wiki!
- 22:59 Fascinating & frightening article by Malcolm Gladwell. Read it & never watch football the same again bit.ly/2XObf
- 23:01 @kanter nevermore
Monday, October 12, 2009
- 19:49 I do so hate it when I have multiple open-yet-unsaved documents and I close-without-saving the wrong F-in doc! #OwnWorstEnemy
- 21:30 a fan of Mojo Nixon? (80s college radio). Download all his albums FREE on Amazon 4 next 3 wks (USA only) bit.ly/m8djd
Sunday, October 11, 2009
- 10:44 Reward for this morning's 8-mile run: coffee and a donut!
- 12:00 caught a cold? 5 steps to knock it out: big breakfast, mild stress, green tea, early to bed, work out bit.ly/3stoeg
- 15:16 Kairos turns one today. Got him a new red collar and some toys.
Saturday, October 10, 2009
- 02:54 Barack Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize for creating "a new international climate." wow bit.ly/qmf4B
- 08:08 @davepeck no more driving to Millbrae or Mountain View. woohoo!
- 08:36 if your caboose is wide enough to easily show HOLLYWOOD in block letters, maybe you should lose the stretch pants. just sayin'
- 09:47 Can't stand the "if you win I lose" mentality rampant in politics these days, but glad DNC not backing down. bit.ly/vB5vA
- 09:59 RT @DennisWhittle "There is no un-do on the internet" #ocs2009
- 10:03 RT @suzboop: @goodetobefirst from Murphy Winery: push your brand's events & wins, not your brand name. create awareness of brand's lifestyle
- 10:23 Great food rule: "No second helpings, n o matter how scrumptious" bit.ly/mcTCj
- 12:01 OH: "hello?... hello? HELLO!? I think her pants just called me."
- 13:31 This is a most poorly-edited/formatted Swine Flu warning article. From BabyCenter, no less!. heard of a bullet list? bit.ly/1R6aC
- 15:00 where did the day go?
- 17:09 Sweet-talked my way out of a parking ticket. Than you meter-maid!
Friday, October 09, 2009
- 08:55 robbery? face value of event tix = $15. Buy 3 online and pay an extra $17.85 in various "fees." bah!
- 10:39 One takeaway from story of hazards of globalized food sourcing is to grind your own meat from whole cuts bit.ly/4A1pUv
- 11:34 A ban on professional models for being grossly underweight? For my daughters' sake, I hope it works bit.ly/e0ORG
- 12:23 Pogue: "public pressure+government agency doing its job=corporate behemoths doing the right thing & saving you money." bit.ly/45GTIi
- 12:28 interested in things online community? follow the #ocs2009 tag today/tomorrow. Will need to provide own wine at happy hour, tho
- 16:55 donning the teal jersey and getting ready to head out the door to the #Sharks home opener! Go Sharks :) li>
- 20:12 Sitting two rows in front of Jeremy Roenick at the #sharks game. So cool
- 20:59 Sitting two rows in front of Jeremy Roenick at the #sharks game. He's so cool
Thursday, October 08, 2009
- 08:41 Wondering why it'll take PayPal 10 days to fully process my unsubscribe request. is it really that difficult? (no)
- 11:26 great breakfast with @cwolz this morning. Glad he used Twitter to let me know he was in town!
- 13:34 Hooray! The new Redwood City Costco opens Oct 21 at 8am. It's been a long 6 months of reconstruction
- 18:05 Did the right thing today advising someone they're not ready to jump into social media. won't help my bank account, but I will sleep well
Wednesday, October 07, 2009
- 08:57 Majority of United Ways reporting decline in donations: comments thread more valuable than article itself bit.ly/10LDmi
- 12:58 RT @pierre Follow @effectmeasure if you want to get really smart on issues surrounding #h1n1 #swineflu pandemic.
- 13:12 Great article on the myth of crowdsourcing -- it's not what you think it is (or want it to be) bit.ly/eIDJu
- 15:43 @PunkRockRunner sad news, indeed. I think I was finishing about the same time as you. I passed by the EMT crew hard at work on him
- 17:41 getting ready to head to SF Opera to take in Il Trovatore
- 19:29 Methinks "Balcony Front" is a misnomer, at best, at SF Opera house
- 21:06 @sbraiden made it up here in a Germa n sedan. No more bike, but loving the opera. Great to hear from you!
- 23:17 Fantastic opera tonight. The set design was stunning, and the singing was pretty good, too. Soul is replenished
Tuesday, October 06, 2009
- 09:20 Best part of oral typhoid vaccine: cheaper than a shot but smar protection. Worst part? what it does to your GI tract for a week
- 11:09 FTC says bloggers must disclose payments for reviews. Does this mean the end of astroturfing? (pretty please?) ginx.com/-1w94et
- 11:27 Postal Service plans to drop Saturday delivery? How about they plan to drop junk mail instead? I'd pay for that! bit.ly/3Se1uH
Monday, October 05, 2009
- 06:25 Off to run the San Jose Rock n Roll half marathon this morning. Las Vegas marathon is just two months away!
- 10:52 Not my best half marathon but finished in 1:57:50. Great to see so many tri club folks this morning
- 13:09 @ncjack @nddulac thanks! Was good to stretch the legs a bit today :)
Sunday, October 04, 2009
- 09:47 Want to see how to systematically destroy the Redwood City School District? read Jack Hickey's statements here: ginx.com/-QWtiR
- 10:49 Off to see a matinee of Ponyo. First time we're all seeing a movie in the theater together. Hope the youngest holds up.
- 12:47 Wow, the film broke mid-movie and melted like an old 8mm. Little kids are horrified. Waiting for the fix.
- 13:55 Movie fixed. Stayed until the end. Girls liked Ponyo a lot. Next up: Fantastic Mr Fox
- 20:51 Friends over for dinner. Made tom kha gai and green curry from scratch. Yummy!
Saturday, October 03, 2009
- 09:29 Looking forward to this afternoon's hilly bike ride with TRK. Much to do beforehand.
- 09:42 @skydiver to focus on run without music, do math problems (add street addresses together, keep track of sum of bib numbers of ppl you pass)
- 11:09 RT @SteveHynd: Obama WH already got more from one buffet lunch with Iran than Bush WH did in 8 yrs of saber-rattling.
- 13:09 Time to pull the bike gear together and go rag out the legs on them thar hills above us.
Friday, October 02, 2009
- 09:28 so very thrilled to get a Google Wave invite in my inbox (& thanks to so many Twitter-folk who offered me one of theirs)
- 11:30 RT @Mlsif 83% of Americans want bills posted online before Congress votes on them. retwt.me/tucq (The rest are afraid to look?)
- 14:41 Thrilled the #NHL season starts tonight, at last. Go #Sharks!
- 14:55 Texting while driving banned for Federal workers (how they gonna enforce?) ginx.com/-4sArD
- 19:46 Pissed that #directv and #versus are still in a standoff so no #sharks hockey on tv at the bar
- 23:23 iPhone battery dying. Have to pay attn to darts now. Tied 6-6 with 5 games to goi
Thursday, October 01, 2009
- 07:59 Maybe if Obama were just heading to his Texas ranch for some R 'n R the GOP wouldn't complain so much about his travels?
- 09:01 Was hoping there'd be a Google Wave invite in my box this morning. Kinda feels like Xmas morning with no gifts under the tree.
- 09:03 Good to see: RT @DirecTV we are open to putting up the hockey games that are exclusive to Versus while we continue to negotiate.
- 11:23 Samoa... Sumatra... if I lived in a country beginning with a "T" I'd be bracing for the next big temblor. USA is next after that?
- 13:48 New brakes on the bimmer via Autobahn Motors in Los Gatos. Thanks, Dave and team!