Monday, December 10, 2007

Twitter connections in KL


Itsthomas from Twitter
Originally uploaded by Choconancy1
Funny how small this world is.

Until today, I'd only known Nancy (Choconancy1 on Flickr) from Twitter, with a minimal sprinkling of Facebook and phone. Our work has us running in the same circles of people but until we met here in Kuala Lumpur.

Based on tweets, we knew we'd both be in KL at the same time attending the same conference, so bumping into each other was inevitable.

However, in a break between meetings, I tweeted I was about to go visit Central Market here in KL to prop up the local economy. Nancy caught the news and tweeted back to ask if she could join.

10 minutes later, we met in the lobby of my hotel and hopped a cab with my friend Sanjeev and were on our way. Nancy snapped this picture during the rain-soaked cab ride back to the hotel and uploaded our tale to her Flickr stream (http://www.flickr.com/photos/choconancy/).

And now we've got photographic proof how the world gets smaller every day.

1 comment:

Silona said...

I love it when I finally get to meet virtual friends in RL. It is so satisfying. And having it occur in KL is amazing!

Are you coming to SXSWi this year?