Wednesday, March 12, 2008

still waiting on Mt Whitney 2008 Lottery results

Since I last posted about my Mt Whitney 2008 Lottery results impatience a couple weeks ago, time has c-r-a-w-l-e-d by as I'm still waiting to hear back from the "folks in charge."

While LeftCoast Mom has assured me she'll let me know when the Forest Service letter arrives in our mailbox, I still rummage through our paper-based mail at the end of each day vainly searching for some obscurely marked card that'll let me know I've got the Golden Ticket.

I've even begun to wonder if my lottery application even got there, but there's no way to find out since I didn't send it registered mail OR include a self-addressed-and-stamped postcard with my lottery form. Lesson learned for next time!

Going into this process, I thought they'd send out confirmation of results as the applications were processed. Upon closer reading, however it looks as if ALL lottery applications are processed before the confirmations are sent out. This means I'll be waiting for another month.

This is quite unfortunate, as I'm going to be giving a luncheon talk to coworkers next week trying to recruit a bunch to make it to the summit with me this year. It'd be much easier if I could answer their question of "so when's this going to happen?" with a firm date instead of a "well, if we're lucky, it'll be one of these seven dates in July or August."

In any case, they'll at least know it's time to start getting in shape!

No comments: