Friday, June 06, 2008

Donate blood to help Joseph

In this month's newsletter from the Stanford Blood Center I spied the promo for Joseph (republished at right) that made me wish I could rush out and donate today. Since I donated last on April 26, I can't donate again until June 21. Here's hoping there are many others who see this promo and donate now. Kudos to the photographer and copywriter for a job well done.

As longtime readers know, I've been donating blood for years. Sometimes the appointments go smoothly and I'm in and out and home in less than an hour. Sometimes the appoints take much longer because of a backup in admissions or a clumsy needle stick. But I keep going back time after time because I know it's the right thing to do, and I know I can always make more blood to replace what I've given away.

If you're not here on the Peninsula in the Bay Area where the Stanford Blood Center has many locations, find a place to donate near you thanks to the work of the folks over at Takes All Types.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi there,

I work in communications at Stanford Blood Center, and just wanted to thank you for spreading our message. Joseph and so many other children and adults depend on eligible blood donors to keep them alive.

I can't tell you how important it is for us to bring in new donors right now. Last week there was a patient at one of our hospitals undergoing heart surgery who used every unit of O-negative we had on our shelves. We have really loyal donors, but we're getting to the point where we're exhausting them because we call them so often. To those who have never donated blood, or those who haven't in awhile: now's the time!

Thanks for being a donor.
Brooke Krannich
Communications, Stanford Blood Center