Monday, October 23, 2006

i know how this is going to end (poorly)

To say I've really enjoyed these first four weeks of Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip is a gross understatement.

I like the actors, the writing, the production, even the music. It's witty, fast-paced, believable and gorgeous.

It's not often I've felt a show hit on all cylinders with me, and that's why I'm already missing Studio 60. It's too good to go on like this. One week I'll check my DVR and find some repeat of Law & Order: DOA in its place.

While there seem to be another 8.4 million viewers like me who tuned in last week, I'm not sure we're enough to convince NBC to go the whole season with us. What with saving $750M and all, we're getting teed up for another "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?" deluge, only this time it'll be Howie's "NO DEAL!" shouting at us nightly from 8-11p.

The last time I looked forward to the weekly episodes of a show, it was Sports Night (another Aaron Sorkin show, back in the days before TiVo), and that ended prematurely, too.

Now that I've come to terms with the show's early demise, I'll stop deleting them off the DVR, so I'll at least have something to hold onto as I wait for the abbreviated (unedited!) series to come out on DVD.

I'll put it on the shelf next to Sports Night as my homage to Sorkin.

No comments: