- 08:31 amazed at how clear (non-smoggy) the sky is here in the Southland. Of course, we haven't dropped down into the LA basin proper, yet.
- 13:56 trying to convince my eldest that Space Mountain is a ride worth doing. She's nervous but her best friend is compelling her thru the fear
- 14:32 We were thisclose to wet pants. Don't think she'll be going on space Mountain again any time soon
- 16:20 80 degrees and sunny at the Happiest Place on Earth TM. I can think of worse ways to spend a Friday. So can a lot of other folks.
Saturday, January 31, 2009
Friday, January 30, 2009
- 08:38 good swim workout with the masters this morning. amazed at how one's body acclimates to the cold. mind over matter, indeed.
- 10:12 Hwy 101 between Redwood City and Sunnyvale sucks NB and SB. Avoid it if you can
- 10:20 At the Shark Tank in San Jose to donate blood. Don't think they heat this place unless medically necessary. Brrr
- 10:38 Over 330 donors at today's blood drive at Shark Tank. Stanford Blood Ctr's biggest ever. Go Sharks!
- 12:43 packing to head to Disneyland. The eldest gets out of school in an hour and we hit the road from there.
- 21:19 made it safely to Santa Clarita (as far as we were trying to get today). Up early in the morning to head into the Magic Kingdom!
Thursday, January 29, 2009
- 14:12 Scrambling to get everything done at work today so I can go on our 5-day trip to Disneyland with no outstanding business items
- 17:24 To me, "recall" = "bring back the product & you'll be refunded" but so far, I don't see any offer of $$ for PB scare ginx.com/-cg4T
- 17:44 RT from @mediabistro panel @jayrosen says: "There's no such thing as information overload, there's only filter failure."
- 18:42 Trying to decide which workout to do in the morning before we leave for drive to Disneyland: 12 mile run or 2500m swim. #tri
- 20:42 mapped out a 10k run route from our hotel around Disneyland and back ginx.com/-2qN9
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
- 09:16 HRzone tackles online social networking: The productivity paradox ginx.com/-FwRw
- 09:23 @ginx am referring to the user info to right of input box on /home (name, web, bio, location, twitter)
- 09:34 @phdaisy list is from Sept 2007, maybe that's why Plurk is absent?
- 09:55 corrected link: woohoo! 1,000+ fans of the Urban Chickens page on Facebook ginx.com/-qqg
- 10:07 @sarahkay have fun on the Ocracoke ferry!
- 10:17 Sunlight Labs could use your help whether you are a developer, designer, evangelist or are just interested. ginx.com/-OX2s
- 11:15 Good news for Peets! Drinking 3-5 cups of joe a day decreases dementia risk 65% over those drinking <2 cups a day ginx.com/-eXa6
- 12:01 @gwachob las nubes (the cloud... is just a guess)
- 14:44 wondering when the trust began to fade
- 15:29 looking forward to tonight's SVTC track workout 10x400s at I pace (for those who know)
- 16:13 wow, salesforce.com online training modules are basically voice-over of someone reading the slide text to you. really? the best you can do?
- 16:35 acumen fund is hiring. follow the link if you're interested in effecting change in developing markets ginx.com/-986f
- 17:45 so nice to be driving to Track workout with the sun still up
- 18:14 Cripes. Forgot my Garmin at home. No stats for tonight's track workout #svtc
- 20:19 Was cold (for CA) at track tonight. Next time will wear my gloves. Good workout with 10 400s at 1:30 each #svtc
- 23:10 Trying to help someone in San Clemente, CA, convince City Council to keep urban chickens legal at their Feb 3 mtg. any advice out there?
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
- 09:18 RT @neddotcom Don't Be (Quite As) Evil: Cos might start doing good instead of advertising (if people pay attention) ginx.com/-yGcW
- 10:36 picked up "Best of Blur" from iTunes this weekend and happy to be reminded again just how much I like the band ginx.com/-74VS
- 14:13 Salmonella-infested Peanut butter plant has history of health violations before recall. Where do I get my money back? ginx.com/-r0w
- 14:23 RT @stereogab Vote for Sunlight's Panel at Politics Online conf: How Dems and Reps can work together 4 Transparency! ginx.com/-Rx6l8
- 14:32 oh to be 14, in love, and have a car: ginx.com/-e6qh
- 16:29 RT @tiffanyvonemmel Launch of Dreamfish coworking space in the Mission in San Fran, sign up this week for $100 off: ginx.com/-XHbE
- 22:58 Senate votes to delay Digital TV switchover. Great, more crappy countdown commercials ginx.com/-JPZ
Monday, January 26, 2009
- 07:32 poor newspaper bundling + windy morning = news blowing all over the neighborhood. ugh
- 15:33 off to a bouncey-house kinda birthday party. hope the kids wear themselves out
- 19:08 Kids had a blast at Bounce-a-Rama. Here's hoping they didn't pick up any germs that'll make them sick before trip to Disneyland on Thursday
Sunday, January 25, 2009
- 06:40 Off to San Jose
- 07:26 starting abrick workout in the rain. 50km ride and a 10km run. Joy
- 10:16 Slick roads meant shorter workout: 40 Km bike and 8 Km run. Wet and tired but feeling good
- 11:29 Cleaned up and now off to emcee the SCVDA Awards Party in Sunnyvale. Good darts, good times
- 19:52 SCVDA Awards Party a success today. Great to see so many people doing well in the league and having fun hanging out for the tourney.
- 20:00 RT @pkedrosky: images of autos in storage in US, UK, EU. ginx.com/-YS3 we knew auto industry was effed, but these images amaze me.
Saturday, January 24, 2009
- 07:45 RT @urbanchickens a grapefruit-sized egg? can you say "ouch!?" I hope she can still walk... ginx.com/-1Ses
- 11:25 Appreciative of good managers (past and present) and the insights and advice they bring and share.
- 11:41 About to do a brown bag lunch here at work: recruiting co-workers to climb Mt Whitney with me (again) this summer.
- 15:22 rethinking my RT habit via @femmebot: tweeters fight! "RT" vs "via". Round 2. ginx.com/-QMgt
- 15:59 thankful for the rain, but I've still got racing slicks on my bike and wet pavement will mean no bike+run workout in the morning
- 19:35 loving this pear I'm eating... forgotten how delicious they can be.
- 20:22 @ginx I like the Twitter name/link in the "bio stack" to the right of the input box. Handy functionality to get me to Twitter stats
- 21:16 Appreciating the SCVDA board members who've done great work to get ready for our 2008 Fall Season Awards Party tomorrow. you guys rock.
Friday, January 23, 2009
- 09:10 @shortyawards I vote for @FLWBooks because reading is brainier #entertainment than vegging in front of the TV
- 09:47 Gitmo closure clock set at T -365 days and counting, huzzah! ginx.com/-8THKR
- 10:15 @loic hello, and enjoy your search demo
- 10:29 RT @cwolz White House blog - well done example of a gov blog - see my review ginx.com/-Ini
- 11:43 RT @EllnMllr Check out InnoGOV.org, an interactive Web site for sharing insights & recommendations on federal mgmt issues. Just launched.
- 11:47 @beautifulthangs congrats being named to @kanter 's FastCo list of Women in Nonprofit Tech who Rock! ginx.com/-jnQf
- 13:44 RT @lazerow Looking for an entry-level employee who really understands social media. Please RT and email @lazerow a resume/cover letter.
- 14:29 Opt out and stop the delivery of unwanted Yellow Pages books to your doorstep (I just did): ginx.com/-avGq
- 19:52 RT @jayrosen_nyu It HAS to be this way? National security, the law, command it? Groan. ginx.com/-ZCq7 (White House technology)
Thursday, January 22, 2009
- 09:34 girls are safely in school so I can sneak in a long run on the Bay. Hope to get in 12 miles this morning
- 11:41 12.25 mile run at 9 min/mile pace. Glad to get it done. Now time to pick up the youngest from school and then home to shower.
- 15:31 bought peanut-butter flavored CLIF or LUNA bars recently? Better toss 'em. details here: ginx.com/-YVUH
- 21:10 Successfully retrieved LeftCoastMom from the airport. She's still glowing from the inauguration We're back to shared parenting duties yay!
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
- 07:08 it's a beautiful day for change
- 08:56 Trying to spot LeftCoastMom (@makriese) amongst the throngs on TV. Unsuccessfully. #inaug09
- 09:02 RT @laughingsquid early this morning in San Francisco, Bush St signs changed to Obama along entire length of street ginx.com/-UFH
- 09:11 it's good to have "Joe the VP" in office at last
- 09:56 RT @dweinberger Wow. ginx.com/-XXXc redone. Blog. "Communication, transparency, participation." #inaug09
- 10:29 spelling out "obama" in letter blocks on the floor with my youngest.
- 13:39 Hanging outside in the courtyard while my youngest tears it up in Speech Therapy. Another sunny CA day to enjoy outdoors
- 17:24 Rain tomorrow? Hope I can get a run in before the drops start to fall.
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
- 09:14 pancake breakfast with the kids this morning. yum!
- 14:54 Hanging at the beach with my girls. Sunny and 72 degrees. Big waves to watch, too
- 21:12 uploading pictures of our afternoon trip to the beach. Sometimes I forget we live so close... I could ride my bike over the hill to get here
- 23:04 Just one more night to this blasted term. bring on #44!
Monday, January 19, 2009
- 09:35 Dropped LeftCoastMom at the airport. She's off to the inauguration and I'll play Mr Mom for four days. Good times all around
- 12:44 watching the inaug concert on HBO (thatnks @dweinberger) and can't believe the numbers of people on the Mall for this. wonderful!
- 14:06 Me: what are you drawing? Eldest: a rose. Me: why? She: every card has a rose on the back, daddy! (American Greetings 1, Hallmark 0)
- 21:13 trying to decide what to do with the kids tomorrow: Half Moon Bay, San Francisco or Santa Cruz?
Sunday, January 18, 2009
Saturday, January 17, 2009
- 08:52 RT @jennlt1 Adult users are a growing share of social network sites ginx.com/-sUm
- 09:26 Preparing to train someone how to create a 100+ page book via compiling multiple files using Acrobat. good times!
- 11:31 about to catch up with old friend over lunch in Mountain View
- 15:03 @racenation I use the playlists over at podrunner for my Nike+ runs ginx.com/-efih
- 15:30 The staff at Vascular Center of Palo Alto Medical Fdn's Camino Medical Group are intensely focused on good customer service. So refreshing!
- 16:57 Signed up for my next half marathon: Woodside Kings Mountain Trail Run on Feb 28. join me?
Friday, January 16, 2009
- 08:54 having fun configuring a mediawiki install over breakfast
- 08:56 @kanter I talk more about collaborative process than tools themselves in my social media 101 intro these days (used to lead with tools)
- 09:28 @randyching the link for the dream job is sketchy, the server's been slashdotted with all the interest (seems to be up now)
- 09:50 RT @dangillmor Dopplr personal annual reports. Gorgeous and informative: ginx.com/-Z7I [me: can't wait to get mine!]
- 13:29 RT @acarvin Got a copy of @jkrums' photo and uploaded copy to Flickr since twitpic is crashing: ginx.com/-qEp
- 13:37 new appreciation for emergency preparedness and at-the-moment strong leadership decisions all around #nycplanecrash
- 13:53 RT @kevindonovan lesson from the US Air Hudson crash: not all accidents are terror-related. Terrorism is still the exception to the rule.
- 16:42 I like that I can already tell the days are getting longer (sunset is later each day!)
- 17:28 RT @triswimcoach Peanut butter a superfood! I like almond butter better, but this is interesting ginx.com/-3EJq
- 23:00 wishing it hadn't been Calgary to defeat the Sharks at home for first time this season
Thursday, January 15, 2009
- 10:18 On a call with a road warrior business colleague. Feeling equal parts pity (time crunch) and envy (far-flung travels) of his lifestyle.
- 10:36 while I love my iPhone, I really don't love ATT network coverage here in the Bay Area. Never thought I'd think fondly back to VZW network
- 13:11 just back from a wonderful lunch with a coworker out on the Redwood City main plaza. 64 degrees and sunny. i heart CA
- 13:52 RIP Ricardo Montalban, will always remember you hawking corinthian leather ginx.com/-srO
- 14:51 RT @NurtureGirl Changemakers.net & We Media Competition for The Power of Us: Re-Imagine Media ginx.com/-FjR
- 14:55 @lancearmstrong yellow hoods!
- 16:25 RT @ktvu Qantas Lands Massive A380 Jumbo Jet At SFO ginx.com/-XFR [me: saw the A380 in Singapore... wow what an amazing plane]
- 16:59 @stefcohn welcome to Twitter!
- 17:31 Talking with workmates re: UCSD Lecture Notes (professional note-taking service for class lectures). Did/do other colleges have this, too?
- 21:17 I wonder if I can get a sabbatical to take this six-month job in Australia: ginx.com/-dos
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
- 09:02 Peeling away the holiday pounds. back under 190 (to stay), on my way to 180 (for race day: 7/19)
- 09:43 RT @digiphile 'You have to understand how technology is produced to understand how technology is consumed.' - @amcafee
- 10:09 Group urges cell phone ban while driving. Why not ban talking with passengers, too? same thing, no? ginx.com/-phWR?
- 10:46 RT @EllnMllr A panel last night on the new Administration's use of technology. Featuring lots of smart folks. ginx.com/-JIT
- 12:49 just sent out a note to see if anyone at work wants to climb Mt Whitney with me this summer. we'll see who bites
- 14:30 hey twitterfolk, any recommendations for a vendor to host a clean mediawiki install for a low-cost pilot project?
- 17:22 thanks all for the wiki host recommendations (dreamhost got the most mentions). now off to got put in some miles at the SVTC track practice
- 22:44 Good track workout tonight. Ran a 7:20 mile as my season starting market. We'll see how fast I get.
Monday, January 12, 2009
Sunday, January 11, 2009
- 12:04 Did a weights/swim workout this morning and will go out on the bike this afternoon. Beautiful day!
- 13:46 Would love to know why my iPhone battery is draining so quickly Even tho it's just in standby most of the day
Saturday, January 10, 2009
- 07:46 the fog is so thick this morning. Spectacular
- 08:53 Bless the person who invented the ultrasound gel warming device. Much more pleasant experience in this morning's scan of my leg
- 10:05 ultrasound this AM reveals all 3 deep veins in my left leg are leaking (serious, not lethal) = surgery + compression socks forever. joy
- 10:59 RT @mndaniels Lessig on Colbert Report talking about copyright, new media and using sites like Flickr and Wikipedia ginx.com/-eeuM
- 13:38 Do me a favor? Please vote for Eye-Fi Video Card concept in this poll? (give it all 25 votes) Thanks! ginx.com/-dIm
- 14:21 @rosevines I wish there was CF version of Eye-Fi, too. I actually bought a new point-n-shoot Canon to be able to use Eye-Fi
- 14:23 hey @lindare @neddotcom @lurtz thanks for the votes for Eye-Fi! ginx.com/-dIm
- 14:29 RT @JPLS: The NHL is becoming a joke... ginx.com/-KCD
- 15:20 @grundy you've just expressed premeditation with your question, that'll add a decade or two to your sentence
- 16:03 trying to decide if tomorrow's workout will be swim/bike or swim/run
- 18:21 I've got to move around more... the office lights are auto-magically dimming on me thinking no one's here
- 20:31 Back home listening to our youngest melt down at bedtime. Maybe I can head back to the office?
- 21:21 glad to see the Sharks win on the road convincingly over them Edmonton Oilers
Friday, January 09, 2009
- 09:29 watching and feeling the gears grind as they seek to mesh. good times
- 11:43 Writing up a primer on @Shirky 's Promise-Tool-Bargain framework for the good use of social tools. Thankful for his sharing these insights
- 16:58 wondering if the treasurer is going to show up with the 2009 budget as he's supposed to.
- 23:12 have new darts and am changing throwing stance, too. going to be a painful season of few wins, but necessary to get better
Thursday, January 08, 2009
- 08:56 good boingboing coverage of BART police lethal force: expands on citizen media helping fill in blanks of story ginx.com/-Lhu
- 10:41 @jstorerj sorry to hear of the unplanned change. good to see you're bullish on the next chapter. let me know if I can help.
- 10:43 RT @eqca New study debunks Prop 8 myths ginx.com/-VVm [me: seems many old folks are pro-8. size of this pool will resolve itself]
- 11:06 This product just screams for a collaborative input process to capture locations of red light/speeding cameras: ginx.com/-zsh
- 11:51 @TriathleteMag you mean "coca cola" (or its ilk), right? :)
- 11:59 RT @stuarthenshall How often do you use Twitter Search? ginx.com/-hMq
- 12:53 pinching every penny? you decide if EcoFont is worth the 20% ink savings ginx.com/-5vEo
- 14:37 grooving to great new (to me) tunes from Blind Pilot thanks to @neddotcom
- 14:56 @VickiMoore I've been using Twhirl for 6+ mos now and really like it. Find it useful for managing multiple Twitter accts, too
- 15:21 @hjstrout sorry to hear the unexpected change. please let me know if there's anything I can do. sounds like you've got lots of help already
- 15:22 RT @mstohner People! Only a couple of days left to win a trip for 2 to the inauguration. DO IT! ginx.com/-zzDY
- 16:58 RT @leelefever Just in case you missed it... Our new video "Saving Money in Plain English" is up: ginx.com/-e5TN
- 18:56 Out to dinner with my girls. It's mommy's night off
- 21:36 happily reconnected with a poet from my past
- 22:07 I just don't understand the rioting in the Oakland streets tonight. I understand the anger. I don't get the choice of outlet.
Wednesday, January 07, 2009
- 08:43 to ride the bike to work or walk today? coin toss a-coming
- 09:19 coin toss said walk to work. @runkeeper app on iphone shows I'm a slow walker: 20 min to cover 1.3 mi. coulda jogged the same in half that
- 09:26 note to self: get better "dress" walking shoes and leave earlier when walking to work.
- 09:35 go, Charlie, go! maybe we'll get a peak at how the RIAA shakes down its victims ginx.com/-xQP
- 09:43 @runkeeper thanks for the tips! will try them out on the walk home
- 09:48 @runkeeper will let you know (and to be clear: I was the slow one this morning, the app tracked my pace fine)
- 09:57 @runkeeper I won't change a thing. Your proactive customer service skills are to be admired tho. thanks for the attention this AM
- 11:37 @acarvin yes, my tweet stream has slowed to a trickle, at best, too
- 13:37 Look at Hyundai's new social contract with its customers. How 'bout it Big 3? Care to reshape your future and ours? ginx.com/-ALH
- 16:22 not much sleep last night leaves me wondering if I can survive the track workout tonight. I've got one hour to decide.
- 19:43 glad I went to the track workout. Beat tired but in a good way
Tuesday, January 06, 2009
- 07:49 the kids are going back to school today (hooray!)
- 09:34 good to be back in the office and see all these familiar faces
- 13:52 doh. minivan broke down on Mel in Palo Alto. good news: close to a Toyota dealer. bad news: it's broken. cause? tbd
- 16:02 minivan needs a new alternator. Bummer.
- 16:50 Power of citizen media in BART shooting: Initial "security camera wasn't on" excuse overridden by cell phone cameras ginx.com/-SuA
- 17:45 RT @JoinTheImpact RT @queercincinnati Bob Barr (R-GA) asks for the repeal of DOMA: ginx.com/-wSY
- 22:52 won my first hand and my last hand at poker tonight... just what you want to do in a knockout game :-)
Monday, January 05, 2009
Sunday, January 04, 2009
- 05:58 up early with the puppy. listening to the trash trucks stalk their prey on the streets around us
- 06:39 RT @chrisbrogan Dads & husbands - very thoughtful post on marriage at Dadomatic - ginx.com/-TAsP [me: ugh, death valley of marriage]
- 06:43 @chrisbrogan thanks for the tip on the marriage solid? post at dad-o-matic
- 08:08 watching the puppy try to lick the peanut butter out of the center of his kong. good times on an early Saturday morning
- 12:23 hooray! the babysitter came thru so the wife and I can both go to the Sharks game tonight (sorry Ryan)
- 15:12 glad to get in a run workout this afternoon before heading to the Sharks game tonight
- 23:06 Great win at the Shark Tank tonight.
- 00:05 @itsthomas is ranked 22,961 on Twitterholic.com, and 2 in redwood city, ca, usa! twitterholic.com/itsthomas/
Saturday, January 03, 2009
- 11:10 dropped the folks at SFO for their trip home. Great to have them here over the holidays
- 11:24 @outdoorjourney still drilling down on the tri training plan details. Got my periodization down, now to do the weekly workouts.
- 16:06 rather amused to see my first name is #33 on the list of worst 500 passwords and I don't know why it ranks so high ginx.com/-7jUP
- 18:25 happy to find Joe Friel's triathlon training planning form available online as xls. makes it so much easier: ginx.com/-3p3
Friday, January 02, 2009
- 07:01 great to hit the reset button at midnight last night. 2009 is going to be our best year yet.
- 09:16 @flwbooks thanks for the shout out. May you be flooded in eggs this year
- 10:49 explaining the finer points of starting FB groups v FB fan pages to my mom.
- 13:14 Celebrating Charlotte's 4th birthday a few days early while grandma and granddad are here
- 15:55 On the water in Half Moon Bay. So much fresh fish at the harbor
Thursday, January 01, 2009
- 08:52 made another batch of yummy cashew brittle. no burned hand this time! (I'm a quick study)
- 09:14 @shortyawards I nominate @FLWBooks for a Shorty Award in #entertainment because of the great list of books about raising chickens!
- 11:08 Last swim workout of 2008
- 13:58 waiting In the SFO cell phone lot