Wednesday, May 10, 2006

boston bound


Here I am working out the logistics in my head of how to get from my home in San Jose to the San Francisco airport to catch a flight that departs (departs!) at 655a for Boston where I'm to speak on a panel at the Beyond Broadcast conference.

And beyond the "if I go to bed at 10, I get 6 hours of sleep... if I go to bed at 9, I get..." ruminations, I happen to check out my Shrook count (didn't get a chance to open it yesterday due to something I'll blog about later) and I see that I'm just shy of 1,000 new feed updates to wade through.

Granted, many of these are those obnoxious BBC headlines that do nothing but wait impatiently for you to click through for the goods (but they do so in that cute british accent, which makes them tolerable).

The sick part is that I found myself thinking "oh good, I can catch up on the plane." Shouldn't I be sleeping instead? That is, unless I can go to bed at 8:30... but the Sharks game won't be over by then. Oh, I really do hope they win in regulation tonight.

No comments: