Wednesday, May 24, 2006

with six hours to go

Well, we did it, and with six hours to go til the car arrives to take us to the airport in the morning. The girls are tucked into bed and Melanie's sleeping too. I'm stuck in my usual vacation Eve restlessness as my mind clicks through everything I've needed to get done in order to go away for an extended period of time. Never fails, this insomnia. And here's what's clicking between my ears tonight:

  • The offer on the new house was accepted and we've gotten it inspected with the results satisfactory for us to move forward
  • Our current house is completely cleaned and prepped and staged to be shown for the two weeks we're gone
  • I've got "lenders competing for my mortgage" courtesy Lending Tree
  • our old monitor, microwave and printer are by the side of the house waiting for E-Waste Services to recycle them
  • Papers and mail are stopped
All that's left to do is sleep. That is, once I finish watching the last episode of Love Monkey. I can't believe even VH1 has canceled the show. This is a travesty that ranks right up there with Sports Night's premature end.

I need a vacation.

No comments: